Chandani & Burns, LLC is a private and small boutique style speech and language clinic, SLP-owned and operated, in Skokie, IL. We provide clinic-based, community-based, in-home, and in-school speech and language therapy services to help children and adults who are experiencing speech, language, and/or other communication challenges. Our clinicians specialize in autism, social pragmatics, apraxia, AAC, ADHD, executive functioning, cognitive impairments, and aphasia. We are known for our work with individuals with complex communication needs. We are committed to providing high quality therapeutic services to individuals across the lifespan, in the northern suburbs/greater north shore area and Chicago.
We are a growing practice and are looking for a PART-TIME speech language pathologist (FLEX position – 5-20 hours/week) who would like to grow with us! You set your hours/schedule. In office, teletherapy, and in-home options. You could have back-to-back clients without the commute and with access to all the materials you could think of. Flex hours. Our office is located in Skokie (Chandani & Burns LLC). Competitive hourly rate. This position is ideal for part time or school based SLPs.
We are seeking an energetic, dynamic, fun, flexible, creative, well organized, passionate, solution-focused, and an out-of-box thinker. We are looking for someone who is independent and a self-starter, yet who can also work collaboratively as part of a team. Applicants must be committed to family-centered, trauma-informed, and neurodiversity-affirming therapy practices. Candidates must be comfortable with using technology (AAC experience preferred), conducting comprehensive evaluations, and educating parents/caregivers. Experience in early intervention and experience with literacy, childhood apraxia of speech, autism, auditory processing, and group therapy is preferred.
The speech language pathologist must have availability during after-school hours. While this position is for a part-time caseload, there is possibility for future growth into a full time position.
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
· Master’s degree in speech language pathology from an accredited university
· CCCs and an active IL state licensure as SLP (exception: CF’s are welcome to apply, mentorship provided).
· Prior experience with children and adults with a variety of disorders (1+ years of field experience required in speech pathology or related fields)
– Experience and training in different interventions for Apraxia is a plus!
· Prior experience with AAC and instructional technology (e.g., software, apps) preferred; access to an iPAD is a plus
· Prior experience working in EI preferred but not required
· Positive and patient demeanor + energetic, dynamic, fun, and well organized!
· Creativity and flexibility
· Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively and willing to collaborate with parents and related service providers
· Passionate about working with children (and/or adults)
· Open to working with children of all ages and with different disorders
– Knowledge of online marketing skills and use of social media for advertising is a bonus!
· Opportunity to grow and share your expertise
· Supportive working and learning environment, with ongoing mentoring
· Flexible schedule
· Bonuses/professional development
· This position is a part-time position that can develop into full-time if desired
· Competitive, above market pay (but we’re hoping your interest in this position is piqued more so by the other perks!)
Minimum 1 year of experience in the field is required. Hourly rates per session are competitive within the industry. Interviews are currently being arranged for qualified speech-language pathologist candidates. We are growing and seeking exceptional candidates to uphold the high standards our families have for us! If you have a passion for working with families and are interested in being considered, please email your letter of interest/cover letter and resume with 3 references. Also, feel free to send us a short video (no more than 3 minutes) expressing your interest in this position and/or telling us what is special about you as a speech pathologist. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you and we look forward from hearing from you!
Heera Chandani and Marty Burns
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $50.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Self-determined schedule
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
Our current need though is for someone to see the children at the office 2-3 times a week. We continue to take strict COVID-19 precautions.
- work: 1 year (Preferred)
- license and certificate (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply