Women’s Cancer Care is a skilled, cooperative group committed to supporting our patients through and beyond cancer diagnosis and treatment. Our team of Central Valley cancer specialists is a collaborative unit working toward a shared goal: helping women with cancer in our community. Patients see many of the same staff during each visit, creating a sense of familiarity and comfort that aids in the restorative process. We are passionate about what we do, and sincerely grateful to be trusted with our patients’ care. Join our team and make a difference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees daily clinic operations and supervises staff.
- Facilitates daily operations and responsibilities of the “patient flow” within each assigned area.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees work schedules and assignments of support staff to meet operational needs. Coordinates coverage for absences, meal breaks, training, and vacations. Approves PTO.
- Act as first level, “go to person” for the providers and staff regarding day-to-day troubleshooting issues.
- Provide first level support as a patient services liaison to research issues surrounding complaints, billing, registration, and then communicating findings to management.
- Assists management with provider schedules, coordinating vacation requests, and sick calls to ensure appropriate clinic coverage. Coordinates provider call schedule.
- Ensure smooth office operations which support teamwork, and generate a positive attitude between front and back office staff.
- Oversees daily batching of deposits.
- Reviews and approves timecards, monitoring overtime.
- Maintain efficient levels of medical and office supplies.
- Clearly communicate and monitor and new processes.
- Provide on-going useful, objective, and constructive input to employee hiring and performance appraisals.
- Facilitating the orientation of new staff.
- Monitor intakes and referrals to ensure timeliness.
- Plans and assist in facilitating staff/office meetings and participates in committees and requested.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- In the spirit of teamwork, employees are expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any job-related duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Minimum 5 years experience in an Oncology office and minimum 1 year supervisory experience preferred. Superior communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of staff and providers. Problem solving skills with the ability to listen, understand, and solve or escalate problems as needed. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Basic understanding of Human Resource laws and clinic policies. Ability to be an EPIC super user. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public. Ability to be a team player, earning the trust of staff and providers. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Oncology office: 5 years (Preferred)
- Medical office management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Epic: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply