With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world’s premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger’s Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With 160 years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger’s vision is to lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?:
Office Administrator will provide a high level customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources through the coordination and administration of the “front office” activities. Typical responsibilities include various aspects of the clinic administrative operations (i.e. phone management, registration, appointment scheduling, pre-verification of benefits, insurance authorization, billing, processing payments, collections, billing research and responding to inquiries), while maintaining compliance with HIPAA requirements. Ensure billing for services provided is accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and established Hanger policies and compliance programs.
Depending on the operational requirements and size of the Hanger Clinic, this position may include some or all of the functions or roles listed below.
Patient Check In:
- Responsible for all aspects of patient appointment scheduling (including ensuring proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls), telephone management, complete and accurate patient registration, pre-appointment insurance verification, creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient records in accordance to Hanger compliance policies, scanning and filing patient documents, ensuring complete and accurate information for clean claims and managing incoming phone calls.
- Review clinician documentation to ensure that patient charts are complete.
Patient Check Out:
- Provides administrative support for all aspects of closing a patient visit including obtaining insurance authorization, providing financial counseling for patients, posting over the counter (OTC) payments, timely completion of all assigned tasks, mail forwarding tasks and daily document research on an electronic health/medical record system, coordinating with clinical staff in managing in progress services, scheduling return appointments, reviewing and managing incoming documents and tasking to appropriate parties to outstanding requests for information.
- Reviews charge information to ensure accuracy per payer requirements; makes corrections as needed.
- Manages services in progress and updates to accounts receivable (AR) once items are delivered, maintaining AR levels as directed per Hanger goals.
- Responsible for reviewing claim edits and resolving them, working claim rejections and denials, performing voids and corrections as necessary.
- Responsible for submitting clean and accurate claims; accurate completion of patient chart required elements.
- Generating reports to ensure that claims are processed within timely filing limits. Will also run claim edit metrics to determine the type of edit issues that are recurring to aid in future training.
- Process billing daily, ensuring that claims are accurate, timely and fully documented in accordance with Hanger policies and procedures.
- Follow up on open accounts, maintaining thorough chronological financial records on each patient account.
- Coordinate communications with payers, enhance reimbursement opportunities, achieve cash collections targets and reduce or maintain A/R as directed per Hanger goals.
- Compile and code A/P invoices, apply payments and adjustments to patient accounts, process deposits and maintain accurate records of cash received and report timely key statistics to market and corporate management for sales, revenue, cash and patient flow in accordance with Hanger policies and procedures.
- Comply with the system of internal controls to ensure proper handling of cash receipts, including billing system data entry and bank deposits.
- Manages the accounts receivable and collections process in accordance with Hanger policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining company mandated collection standards.
- Prepares outstanding accounts reports and gathers credit and/or reference information.
- Manages both the internal bad debt process and the external collection agency’s process for Private Pay accounts.
- Maintains database by entering, updating, and retrieving data, as well as formatting and generating reports.
- Resolves outstanding invoice problems from past due accounts. Responds to inquiries from customers or external collection resources.
- May place calls or send messages to those with unresolved issues.
- Assist with inventory as directed by Management and/or Inventory Coordinator by reconciling items currently in use by clinicians to items in the inventory system, counting inventory and data entry of inventory counts.
- Conduct patient follow-up and assist with Patient Evaluation Clinic programs as directed.
- Assist with quality assurance to ensure patient satisfaction with Clinic services as necessary.
- Report Clinic employee hours to Payroll Department.
- Receive, sort and distribute mail appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of administration, customer service or related experience
- A valid driver’s license and driving record within the standards outlined within Hanger’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and Procedures.
Additional Success Factors:
Knowledge and Skill:
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills, including the ability to follow written and verbal directions. While performing this client facing position, working with a diverse population in multicultural settings, there will large amounts of communication (oral and written) including but not limited to clinicians, patients, physicians, physician’s office representatives, other staff members (field associates, managers, directors) and/or business representatives.
- Ability to work with physically challenged individuals.
- Resourceful and flexible team player who excels at building trusting relationships with patients, referral sources and colleagues.
- Working knowledge of state, federal, regional collection and reimbursement laws, HIPAA and other medical insurance regulations and terminology for private payer, state and federal plans including coding, billing and reimbursement protocols.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail and automated billing systems.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks (ex. multitasking) with a high degree of detail orientation while working in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
- Ability to key 40 words per minute with accuracy preferred.
Our Investment in You:
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance
Click Here To Apply