AMERICAN STAR HOME HEALTH & HOSPICE CARE, INC. strives to provide the highest possible quality of healthcare services to the abode of our patients. With our team of multidisciplinary professionals, we ensure the safety, comfort, and health of the individuals we serve. Our services are attuned to the unique needs of our patients. This medical care is provided, so your loved ones may stay secured, comfortable, and healthy in the comforts of their homes and prevent hospitalization and other risks of complications. Along with our highly successful home health services (we received the Best Home Health Agency award 2021 by the Lubbock Avalanche Journal), or hospice care team is available around the clock to maximize your loved one’s peace and comfort at home. We also offer respite care to families, so their primary caregivers can take a break or address more pressing matters.
Currently, we are looking for a FULL-TIME FIELD REGISTERED NURSE (RN) for to provide Home Health Care and Hospice Care for our Lubbock (Texas) location. We cover a radius of 60 miles around Lubbock.
DUTIES OF POSITION
Providing home health and hospice care in the field to our patients.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
1. Is responsible for providing the required care for home health & hospice care patients in the field.
- The RN is responsible to complete at least 35 points of visits during a calendar week (Start of Care, Resumption of Care, Re-certification, Discharge, etc.)
- A “Visit” is considered completed ONLY when the RN completest the patient chart and submits it in the EMR within the required time-frame
- The RN will be required to take a supervisory call at least twice a month (Monday 5 pm – the following Monday 8 am). The RN will have an on-call LVN available to do these on-call skilled nursing visits, if need be.
5. The RN will work with the administration to prepare a weekly schedule and monthly on-call schedule for the clinical team.
6. Ensures that an appropriate health care professional performs an assessment of a patient’s needs and a reassessment when there is a significant health status change in the patient’s condition, at the physician’s request or after hospital discharge
7. Consults with supervisors and staff individually or in groups, regarding patients or families, special programs or service programs
8. Evaluates the program, services, and clinical field personnel
9. Directs the implementation of service goals and objectives
10. Develops standards that ensure safe and effective services to clients and families
11. Establishes job functions, qualifications, and job descriptions for each service staff (direct and supervisory)
12. Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication
13. Directs clinical staff, if need be, in performance of their duties
14. Oversees the implementation and evaluation of client care services inclusive of regulatory licensure and certification criteria and accreditation standards
15. Coordinates with other program areas and senior management as appropriate according to the organizational structure
16. Collaborates in the development of an effective and efficient client care documentation system including statistical compilation and analysis relative to cost and staff service delivery
17. Participates in selected orientation programs
18. Oversees all CQI and utilization review activities
19. Coordinates with continuous Quality Improvement Committee the timely implementation of corrective action plans and controls
20. Participates in selective conferences and workshops to promote knowledge in community health trends, efficiency in job performance and overall professional growth
21. Establishes personal goals and objectives for advancement
22. Consults with physicians in matters relative to patient care services
23. Consults and plans with health care facilities regarding staffing needs
24. Evaluates own job performance and utilization of resources in planning for professional growth
- Performs other duties as assigned by the company
I. Position is stressful in terms of meeting deadlines.
2. It requires minimal lifting’ of office records and printouts.
3. It is primarily a desk job which essentially involves sitting, standing, stooping and walking, as well as an inordinate amount of telephone communication.
4. Travel is required – within the 60-miles radius.
5. Hearing, eyesight (must be able to read 12 point and larger type) and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a Physicals assessment of the client’s condition and to perform and demonstrate client care:
6. The ability to access clients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required.
7. The abilitv to communicate well, both verballv and in writing’ is required.
8. On occasion, may be required to bend, stoop, each and move client weight up to 50 pounds; lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
The job requires the ability to utilize a PC, calculator, multi-line telephone and other related office equipment.
Has access to all patient medical records and client financial account & personnel records and company financial records, which may be discussed with all management staff, including the leadership as well as outside government agencies
1. Must be a Registered Nurse actively licensed in the state of Teas
2. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
3. Must have at least one year of experience in home health care and/or hospice care
4. We admit patients within 60 miles radius of Lubbock city. The RN must be willing to take patients within this radius.
- We have a company car that we will be providing the Field RN (M-F, 8a – 5p). Our clinical team takes turns to drive this car.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
Masks and proper PPE protocol is always followed. Gloves, sanitizers are being utilized in the highest qualitative manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Home Health
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Click Here To Apply