- BronxDocs medical offices are affiliates of AdvantageCare Physicians.
The Care Team Associate I serve as members of the Care Team and supports the team with non-clinical services and administrative tasks which are population health focused. The position works under the supervision of the Practice Administrator and in collaboration with the Nurse Manager. The Care Team Associate I must understand basic medical terminology, demonstrate customer service excellence, and support the care team to provide best in class care to our patients
- Warmly greets and engages in friendly conversation with Advantage Care Physicians (ACP) patients and guests Works with office staff to effectively communicate approximate wait times, and maintains timely communication to patient and guests. Monitors patient flow in waiting room and assesses patients’ and guests’ needs as they wait. Proactively resolves patient flow issues related to registration, check-in, and check-out processes. Assists patients in resolving patient service or clinical care issues as needed.
- Answers telephones in a professional manner utilizing excellent customer service skills exhibited by courtesy, cooperative spirit, and tact when interacting with employees, patients and visitors. Utilizes standard ACP greeting at all times when answering the telephone. Schedules patient appointments accurately in computer system. Verifies insurance coverage, as required. Takes the initiative to resolve all patient concerns and issues.
- Checks-in patients and prepares and processes appropriate forms. Serves as a reference source regarding hours of operation, directions, transportation and general ACP policies. Performs a complete registration of patient’s demographic and financial information using electronic systems as needed. Responsible for the integrity of the data. Scans documents into the electronic systems, as assigned.
- Checks-out patients at the end of the visit, verifying that patients have all required documentation prior to leaving the medical facility. Thanks patients as they leave and solicits feedback about the quality of service and experience
- Takes complete and accurate IB messages from all individuals contacting the medical facility by telephone, including messages related to patient needs intended for providers and clinical staff. Delivers messages to the intended recipient in a timely manner. Escalates calls pursuant to the ACPNY call escalation policy. Checks email correspondence, electronic task lists, and other written communication regularly throughout the business day to enable timely knowledge of and response to written correspondence.
- Collects cash from patients for charges and co-payments and provides patient receipts. Completes all necessary documents for all payments accrued. Matches cash collected to receipts at end of session. Performs accurate end of day reconciliations. Makes reminder and “no show” calls. Prints schedules and confirms appointments. Sends correspondence to patients’ residences in order to remind, recall or reschedule appointments.
- Coordinates internal and external referrals to specialists by coordinating and scheduling all appointments, providing appointment date and time reminders, providing directions to the specialist’s office and copies of any pertinent medical records or tests needed for the specialty appointment. Coordinates additional tests as needed. Utilizes the preferred provider list and/or external provider list for the coordination of referrals. When requested, provide patients with a list of three external specialists to satisfy their request to research and select their own specialty provider.
- Reviews the referral WQ daily to address any referrals which may have been ordered in a non-face to face encounter, such as an in-basket message and proceeds to arrange these referrals. Acts as a liaison between ACPNY and external specialists for outpatient procedures performed at other facilities, i.e. interventional, surgical or other. Provides data as necessary and conducts all necessary follow up. Acts as the key point of reference to communicate with patients on pre-and post-referral appointment matters.
- Assists care teams with campaigns/initiatives such as the Influenza program and the Health outcome survey and closing gaps in care. Provides information to patients and assists them in getting the care they need. Under the direction of the Practice Administrator, conducts regular outreach to identified “at- risk patients” to reduce un-necessary ED visits and admissions.
- Maintains effective communication with patients, families, peers and other members of the health care team
- Attends all meetings as directed by practice administrator/designee. Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments. Effectively takes action without being told (e.g., takes initiative) within the scope of his/her responsibilities. Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
- May be assigned, on a temporary and short-term basis, to other medical offices based on ACP’s staffing need.
- Demonstrates proficiency with computer systems (e.g., electronic practice management/electronic health record) within 3 months of training as evidenced by the following metrics: patient registration quality, time to check in, cash draw closing, referral WQ management. Completes all tasks on the electronic system required for the job function consistently, accurately, and in a timely manner. Demonstrates professionalism in attitude, dress, decorum, and interaction with patients, clients and co-workers. Adheres to the ACP’s dress code.
- Arrives on time for assigned shift and maintains a punctuality and attendance record consistent with ACPNY Time and Attendance policies. Respects patient confidentiality and withholding restrictive information. Demonstrates good judgment, discretion and ability to problem solve.
- Contributes to a cooperative, friendly and mutually supportive work environment: a “team” player.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associate degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in customer service/care coordination in an ambulatory care setting
- Experience and ability to navigate an EMR
- Requisition ID: 211HG
Click Here To Apply