Strategic Resources, Inc. (SRI) is an international, ISO 9001:2015 Certified, CMMI Level 3 Rated full-service provider with more than 33 years’ experience in the Federal, military, and commercial marketplaces. SRI is seeking full-time committed and passionate Assistant Nurse Manager to join our team to provide critical services to detainees in custody at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Services Corps (IHSC) Medical Facilities in support of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Services Corps (IHSC) Detention Center Healthcare contract opportunity.
SRI offers our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays. Please visit the SRI career page at https://www.sri-hq.com/careers/learn-more.
The ICE IHSC exists within the organizational structure of the United States Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE detainee health care. IHSC is committed to excellence in detention and correctional health care and the provision of safe and high-quality care to those in ICE custody.
Description of Duties:
Nurses are the largest group of health care providers within IHSC staffed facilities, providing care 24 hours per day. As part of a comprehensive primary care team (nurses, medical providers, dental providers, behavioral health providers, administrative staff), nurses in IHSC practice in a collaborative environment providing ambulatory, emergency, mental health, and infirmary care. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the Nurse Manager in providing direct supervision of nursing staff and overseeing all aspects of the nursing program within the facility. Manages staff scheduling, coverage for absences, develops and executes orientation and other staff training, and provides guidance and counseling to staff to maximize performance and adherence to appropriate guidance. The Assistant Nurse Manager is fully oriented and credentialed as a registered nurse and provides care to patients as needed to meet mission requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Nurse Managing in providing front line supervision of patient care provided by all nursing staff including nursing assistants or technicians/medical assistants.
- Assists Nurse Manager in developing plans, creating schedules and assignments, and providing direction of nursing care and evaluates efforts independently.
- Assists Nurse Manager in planning and/or collaborating on patient care interventions with other health care professionals using in-depth knowledge of the specific patient’s status, anticipating physiological and/or psychological appropriate or adverse responses.
- Evaluates and revises patient treatment plans at appropriate intervals in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
- Reviews identified patient records to assess treatment progress, adequacy of record keeping, and implementation of appropriate clinical guidelines.
- Meets regularly with multidisciplinary treatment team members to discuss proposed revisions of medical treatment.
- Serves as a liaison while maintaining collaborative relationships with members of other healthcare disciplines.
- Conducts staff in-services on general and complex subjects with improvement of nursing and medical care as expected outcomes.
- Coordinates nursing care with other onsite staff.
- Coordinates the treatment and transport, if necessary, of acutely ill or injured patients.
- Leads the orientation and training of new nursing personnel to protocols, requirements, and the specifics of the patient population.
- Provides appropriate health teaching and counseling to provide reinforcement and guidance to minimize protocol deviations.
- Serves as a team member for analyzing established protocol practices and identifying areas for improvement.
- Participates with developing recommendations for improved efficiency of patient care.
- Assists with program/project design activities, strategy development, problem resolution, and project implementation.
- Performs duties as a Registered Nurse (see Registered Nurse Position Description) when required to meet the mission needs of the agency.
Attributes and Processional Qualities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills
- Cultural competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduate from an associate’s, baccalaureate, or graduate nursing program for Registered Nurses located in a State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory accredited by The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active, and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing; graduate degree in nursing or related field preferred.
- Minimum six years professional nursing experience.
- Minimum three years supervisory experience.
- Experience in a detention/correctional healthcare setting preferred.
- Current, full, and unrestricted license as Registered Nurse in the state in which the duty station is located, or a compact state that allows practice in the state in which the duty station is located. Any changes to license must be reported to employer immediately.
- This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association.
- Certified Correctional Health Professional, Certified Correctional Health Professional – Registered Nurse, Certified Corrections Nurse, or Certified Correctional Nurse/Manager credential preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a wide range of complex nursing concepts, principles, and practices to perform nursing assessments of considerable diversity to include mental health, medical surgical, ambulatory, and emergency nursing care.
- Knowledge of team building principles.
- Knowledge of staff development and basic adult learner teaching skills.
- Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act for the licensing state and/or the state in which one practices nursing.
- Knowledge of managing non-compliant patients, special needs populations, and patients with significant deficits in coping skills, thereby requiring continuing professional clinical support.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient understands.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) to develop positive rapport with patients, co-workers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web-based training, and communications.
- Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
Duty Hours/On-Call Requirements:
- IHSC operates 24/7/365; this position is required to respond during an emergency activation.
- This full-time position requires availability to work available day, evening, and night shifts; availability during weekends and holidays is also required.
- On-call availability is not required for this position.
- The work requires some physical exertion, such as long periods of standing; walking or jogging unaided over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy patients or equipment.
- The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities, such as agility and dexterity, visual, and hearing capabilities.
- Must be able to respond to any medical emergency in the facility, via foot, within four minutes and perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency.
- The Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Security Unit (PSU) must render a Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a qualified candidate.
- A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by PSU upon completion of initial and subsequent background investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Must have resided in the U.S. or its territories for three (3) or more years out of the last five (5) years.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer
Click Here To Apply