ABOUT MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth! Ranked in the top 3% of general hospitals in the country, we have made great strides since returning to our roots as an independent hospital. As Marin County’s only acute hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential health care services, it is our mission—and our passion—to excel in every medical specialty. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: the resources and medical sophistication of an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital. We have an exceptionally collaborative team that adheres to the highest service excellence standards to ensure that we deliver world-class, personalized care to patients. Our Joint-Commission accredited hospital has won numerous awards and certifications in delivering best-in-class health care in the San Francisco Bay Area.
WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at MarinHealth.
The Athletic Trainer provides oversight and management of care of injuries to a physically active person. One provides emergency care, first aid, development of injury and illness prevention programs, initial assessment, diagnosis of injury, therapeutic modalities, and providing appropriate prevention and devices for the physically active person. This also includes providing appropriate management and assessment of treatment rehabilitation and recondition of the physically active person.
Survey Capsule JD: Assesses, treats, and rehabilitates athletic injuries under the advice, consent, and prescription of a physician. Requires certification as a Certified Athletic Trainer.
* Requires a Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training; Master’s degree is preferred.
* Requires a minimum of two to four years’ experience related to athletic training.
- Incumbent must be able to work under the guidelines and adhere to Board of Certification Standards of Professional Practice.
- Demonstrated experience with athletic training program planning, and development.
* Knowledge Career Concepts: Knowledge of safe exercise practices.
- Knowledge Career Concepts: Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics.
- Knowledge Operations: Knowledge of and adheres to hospital/departmental policies and procedures.
- Professional Abilities: Observe, compare and monitor data and people’s behavior to determine compliance with prescribed standards.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills.
- Technology Skills: Computer usage.
LICENSE/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION (one or more of the following):
- Board Certified Athletic Trainer
- Current AHA BLS-HCP certificate
- Exercise Physiology/ Kinesiology
- American Council of Exercise (ACE)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
MarinHealth remains committed to the health and safety of our employees, patients, and the entire community. As such, MarinHealth requires employees to receive all required immunizations, including, MMR, flu (seasonal availability), and COVID-19 vaccine + booster, as a condition of employment and annually thereafter, as required. Any exemptions from these requirements may be granted for limited and specific situations.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $50,822.00 – $71,150.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- Sports Medicine
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greenbrae, CA 94904: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- athletic training: 2 years (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply