The Transportation Aide is responsible for the transport of residents to appointments and activities as instructed and scheduled. Reports to the Director of Nursing (DON).
Hours: Part Time
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains appropriate resident information for appointments
- Prepares resident for appointment if needed
- Loads and unloads resident(s) into facility vehicle
- Communicates with appropriate individuals related to arrival and departure times in order to facilitate scheduling
- Communicates with the nurse in charge regarding conversations from appointments.
- Facilitates communication between Physicians offices and facility
- Checks to see that equipment is available for transport, i.e., wheel chairs, oxygen, additional personal care items.
- Communicates any vehicle maintenance issues to administrator and or maintenance supervisor
- Assists in resident care as needed.
- Aware of safety procedures related to transporting of residents
- Use of cell phone as directed by policy
- Monitors residents during transport
- Remains with residents at appointments as directed by supervisor
- Returns documentation to nurse after appointment
- Adjusts schedule as needed and directed by DON or designee
- Is Courteous to resident, family members and office staff
- On call per schedule
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Minimum of 25 years of age
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experienced in coordination of schedules.
- Familiar with driving routes and location of local medical facilities is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral in communication and to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary care setting with residents, families and staff members.
Click Here To Apply