- Manage a busy health office in an organized, efficient manner.
- Provide direct care (emergency/first aid and primary care) to K-5 students.
- Apply current professional knowledge regarding following Pediatric chronic conditions:
Type 1 Diabetes (Calculations for insulin administration via syringe, pen, pump), asthma, allergies, seizures, etc.
- Develop a professional working relationship with school staff.
- Communicate daily with various members of the district team: administration, faculty, staff, parents, students and colleagues
- Provide direct care (as above) to staff, as needed.
- Administers medication in accordance with school policy/procedures.
- Provide relevant teaching, counseling, guidance as needed.
-Document in a thorough and efficient manner – utilizing an electronic database (SNAP preferred)
- Organize, schedule and conduct required annual health screenings (heights/weights, vision, hearing, scoliosis)
- Review student records and prepare for all field trips.
- Responsible for prevention and control of communicable diseases within school building.
- Develop IHCPs, Emergency Care Plans and 504s as needed.
- Serve on committees, as required or needed.
- Maintain/obtain continuing education requirements for DESE
- Collect data and submit reports as required by MDPH or district.
- Attend meetings: professional and committee, IEP/504 meetings.
- Perform other duties per job description and as assigned by District Nurse Leader.
Click Here To Apply