Psychiatric hospital in Orange County is looking to hire Per Diem Social Workers.
*** After applying through Indeed, please visit our website at https://chc.la/ch-costa-mesa-careers/ to download our College Hospital Costa Mesa application. Send your filled out application and resume to our HR email. Thank you ***
Masters in social work or related field with social work training and experience. Maturity, flexibility, leadership qualities, professionalism, and strong clinical skills required.
Frequent walking, standing, bending and reaching. Lifting up to 25 pounds. Pulling and pushing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to participate in takedowns. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Frequent exposure to stressful situations. Constant public and patient contact.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
*General Staff Accountabilities
· Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Hospital.
· Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
· Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
· Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
· Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion.
· Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
· Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
· Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
· Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
· Adheres to the Dress Code.
· Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
· Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
· Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues
*Job Specific Duties
· Demonstrates ability to complete all regular tasks and special assignments in a timely manner.
· Strives to make good use of allocated time and accepts additional responsibility as needed.
· Documentation meets hospital and regulatory agency requirements. Documentation is organized and presented in a manner which demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills and reflects the interventions required based on patient needs.
SOCIAL WORKER – CASE MANAGEMENT/SOCIAL SERVICES PAGE 2
*Job Specific Duties (cont’d)
Documents admit note and contacts referral source and/or family for independent social history within 24 hours of admission
clearly delineating preliminary discharge and aftercare plans; to include verification of legal status.Completes psychosocial assessment on assigned patients within 48 hours.
· Documentation meets hospital and regulatory agency requirements for discharge planning. Documentation clearly separates discharge planning efforts from clinical interventions.Documentation is appropriate for administrative time based on county specific requirements.Documentation reflects communication with community liaisons when applicable.
· Conducts Psychosocial and discharge planning groups in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Participates in Treatment planning and Care Coordination rounds for assigned patients. Completes appropriate sections of the treatment plan to ensure interdisciplinary communication.Anticipates patient needs and provides advisement to multidisciplinary team regarding meeting those needs.
· Advocates for patient by developing resources and support systems.Demonstrates understanding of county wide resources and procedures for supporting patient discharge.Arranges with outside agencies to coordinate a discharge and aftercare plan to meet assessed needs.Communicates discharge information to patient, family/guardian, or agencies to insure continuity of care, and completes aftercare plan and form upon discharge.Assists patients with obtaining or completing an Advance Directive as requested.Submits completed temporary conservatorship applications in a timely manner.
· Ensures clinical care and therapeutic intervention are linguistically and culturally appropriate.Coordinates with multidisciplinary team for interpreter services or spiritual needs.Ensures spiritual and cultural needs are identified in psychosocial assessment.
· Able to demonstrate knowledge of assigned cases; to include, but not limited to the current clinical status (admin/acute), discharge plans, and legal status.
· Demonstrates knowledge of organizational, governmental, accrediting and third party regulations as applicable to Case Management. Maintain familiarity with Medi-Cal criteria, Medicare criteria, and health plan specific criteria. Maintain knowledge of the process of conservatorship and discharge planning guidelines (to include, but not limited to the LPS Law requirements, patient qualifications for discharge setting, the criteria for administrative time based on setting).
· Able to identify clinical education needs and assist with training new staff. Ability to perform an in-service.
· Assist with ensuring compliance and standardization with current processes.
· Ability to assist colleagues with problematic cases.
· When applicable, functions as a resource in the absences of the Manager of Case Management.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Able to communicate in a positive professional manner and supports effective working relationships.Promotes positive patient outcomes by consistently providing timely and accurate information to patient, family, and interdisciplinary team in a respectful manner.
· Ability to review current processes and make recommendation for improvements in a positive, proactive manner.
· Able to take a leadership role in communicating and collaborating with practitioners across settings to formulate and execute a common care plan.
· Able to identify and make appropriate interventions for key patient related issues and facilitate the flow of critical information among the clinical team members (to include, but not limited to legal hold status, discharge planning, clinical interventions).
· Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Case Management
Job Type: Part-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you available for Per Diem Shifts (Please specify: weekdays, weekend, etc.)?
- Social work: 1 year (Preferred)
- MSW degree (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply