Regular Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Join Peninsula Community Health Services (PCHS) in making a difference in people’s lives and the surrounding community every day. PCHS exemplifies a culture of community service that is Patient Driven, Empathetic, and Staff Empowered. We are, a Federally Qualified Health Center supporting access to healthcare services (medical, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health) for Kitsap County, Mason County, and Rural Pierce County.
PCHS exemplifies a culture of community service. Our patients come from all walks of life. PCHS services are available to our patients without regard for ability to pay.
PCHS strives to eliminate healthcare disparities in our community. We have medical and dental clinics located throughout Kitsap and Mason and rural Pierce County and a dedicated team working together to create a care plan that’s right for you. We also bring that care directly to our patients who can’t easily make it into our traditional clinics through our mobile clinics, school-based health centers, and by partnering with our community service agencies to deliver care on their premises.
Our Guiding Principle
Here at PCHS, our guiding principle is to see and value every person. We believe all patients have the right to be treated with respect and dignity with an acknowledgment that this includes their cultural, social, spiritual, and personal values and beliefs.
Our Core Values
Every member of PCHS stands by our Core Values: Patient driven. Empathetic. Staff Empowered.
We are an employer of choice because we offer:
- Full comprehensive benefits including, health, life, disability, 403(b), CME allowance (specified positions), and more…
- Wellness benefits
- School loan repayment potential (providers only)
- Four- or five-day work weeks and flexible schedule—allows plenty of time for work/life balance (clinical staff only)
- Mission-driven—be a part of a group that truly cares about their community and has the goal to give back
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for the daily administrative and human resources duties for the organization. This position assist with various areas including recruitment, onboarding, record maintenance, performance management, benefits, compensation, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all routine HR tasks for assigned departments. Communicate proactively with your assigned senior leader and department employees
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting including, but not limited to, posting job ads, scheduling interviews, making offers, checking backgrounds and references, facilitating pre-hire paperwork and onboarding requirements, etc.
- Compile weekly data for recruitment reports to be forwarded to the appropriate senior leader
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, and conduct new hire orientations
- Calculate new hire compensation and verify with HR Director before extending job offer
- Prepare and maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, transfers, and promotions
- Track and process employee annual performance evaluations; sending out reminders to senior leaders and coordinators as needed
- Administer benefits programs for new hire and open enrollment, and COBRA continuation coverage as needed
- Handle basic employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Director
- Perform exit interviews for all exiting staff to retrieve company equipment
- Proficient in Excel, and Word
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no direct reports.
- One (1) year of customer service experience (required)
- APHR Certification or HR Fundamentals course within 120 days of hire (required) Note: Must have high school diploma or GED to be eligible for aPHR exam.
Peninsula Community Health Services is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not exclude persons from employment or application for employment from receipt of or participation in programs, activities, services on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, military status, marital status, religion, the presence of a physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Click Here To Apply