Reports to: Clinic Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Summary: The Drug and Alcohol Test Collector is responsible for collecting biological specimen from clients and designated site(s) following established standards and practices, as directed by the Department of Transportation guidelines and other occupation services rendered by the company.
Primary Job Duties:
· Provide excellent service, maintain strong, positive working relationships and communication with clients.
· Follow and comply with clients’ drug testing programs and protocols.
· Provide clients with quality specimen collection.
· Measure and record specific gravity (SG) and pH for urine samples per client protocol.
· Troubleshoot and resolve collection issues at site of testing.
· Maintain all required client records and documentation.
· Supply, operate, or maintain personal protective equipment.
· Prepare or calibrate equipment used to collect or analyze samples.
· Not limited to; Hair follicle collection, Respirator Fit Testing, Pulmonary Function Test, DOT and Non-DOT physicals, Physical Strength Test, Work Steps Physicals, Breath and Alcohol Testing, Instant Drug testing, Specimen Collection
· Work the assigned schedule
· Comply with company timekeeping policy
· Travel to onsite job assignments, and overnight stay
· Any and all other duties and responsibilities that managements find necessary for the advancement of the company.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employees for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Certifications preferred: DOT Breath and Alcohol Technician, Lifeloc, Equipment and Calibration training, DOT Urine Professional Collector, DOT Specified in 49 CFR part 40.
· Previous experience in Drug Testing, Occupational Health, Third Party Administrator (TPA)
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
· 1 year experience preferred in drug testing, BAT, PFT, and Respirator Fit
· Must be comfortable handling urine specimens as an essential job function.
· Maintain a clean and safe work collection environment, in compliance with industry protocols
· Basic computer skills
· Strong Organization Skills Required
· Detail Oriented
· Great communication skills
· Drivers’ license, reliable car, automobile insurance and clean driving record
· Ability to adhere to our drug and alcohol policies which include unannounced random testing
· Ability to work all shifts including, day, evening, and weekend hours as needed
· Ability to escort or transport patient by wheelchair or stretcher when appropriate
· Basic computer skills including familiarity with electronic medical records
· Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracy
· Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
Essential Job Functions:
· Frequently moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments
· Frequently remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
· Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another
· Adjusting or moving objects up to 10-15 pounds in all directions
· Communicating with others to exchange information
· Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or finger
· Operating machinery
· Operating motor vehicles
· Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
· Hazardous conditions
Expectations: Attendance and punctuality is necessary. Ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team. Ability to problem solve and be self-motivated. Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards. Must have excellent written and oral skills, strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills. Must have ability to multitask, manage priorities and workflow. Required to have versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and have acute attention to detail. Able to operate computer software with training. Expected to have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to understand and follow written/verbal instructions. Able to work independently with little or no supervision. Required to have the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels and with external customers.
Vital Med Urgent Care, LLC strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Laredo, TX 78041: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Addiction counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply