Position : Ultrasound Technologist
Facility : Berkshire Medical Center
Location : Pittsfield, MA
Shift : 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Duration : 13 weeks
The Cardiac Sonographer performs echocardiography exams, including sub-specialty exams such as stress echocardiography and transesophageal echocardiography. Employing two-dimensional and color Spectral Doppler and M-mode imaging techniques, the sonographer images patients as requested by ordering physician. The sonographer works independently, consulting with the ordering or interpreting physician as needed, especially when unusual or unexpected findings are encountered. Must have the ability to synthesize varying amounts of data related to the patient’s medical history. The Sonographer is responsible for the patient’s welfare for the entire time the patient is in the outpatient facility, or for the length of time the inpatient is in the testing area.
- Must be proficient in/or willing to cross train for vascular examinations.
- Ability to function independently and proficiently.
- Must be able to move and lift patients, equipment, and supplies on a regular basis.
- Ability to function in a high stress, work in intensive environment.
- Must be able to operate HIS and CIS computers.
- Must have working knowledge of clinical emergency equipment such as oxygen tanks and suction apparatus
- 1 year current ULT/Sonographer Cardiac experience
- Vascular experience preferred
- Certification as an RVT through the ARDMS, RVS through the CCI – Preferred
- Meditech Expanse experience preferred
- BLS (AHA)
ADDITIONAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- RCS; CCI certification accepted
ABOUT THE FACILITY
BMC is a 298-bed teaching hospital and is ranked among the safest hospitals in the nation by The Leapfrog Group, which has given BMC Straight “A” grades since the inception of Leapfrog’s patient safety program, one of only 42 hospitals in the nation to achieve this honor; and recipient of both the 2017 and 2018Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award.
Berkshire Medical Center offers a full continuum of medical specialties, including anesthesiology, dentistry, emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, around the clock neurology and neurosurgery, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, orthopaedic surgery, otorhinolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), pathology, pediatrics, psychiatry, radiation oncology, radiology, rehabilitation, substance abuse, cardiac rehabilitation, a sleep lab and others. BMC has a state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging department, with MRI, high-speed CT, ultrasound, x-ray, mammography and more, providing 24-hour service.
BMC has previously been honored by Healthgrades with its DistinguBMC Home.jpgished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence and was one of Healthgrades America’s Best Hospitals in 2016. BMC is a not for profit medical center fully accredited by The Joint Commission. As a medical center affiliated with Berkshire Health Systems, Berkshire Medical Center, its Hillcrest Campus and North Adams Campus serve all residents of Berkshire County, Massachusetts and communities in adjacent eastern New York, northwest Connecticut and southwest Vermont.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $2,605.00 – $3,035.00 per week
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pittsfield, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Ultrasound Technologist: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- ARRT Certification (Preferred)
- RCS (Preferred)
- CCI (Preferred)
- RDCS (Preferred)
- ARDMS (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply