Cortica is looking for a
Scheduling Care Coordinator to join our growing team!
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering a unique, multi-specialty approach to the treatment of pediatric neurodevelopmental differences. We serve a variety of patient populations including individuals with autism spectrum disorder, developmental delays, sensory processing disorder, articulation challenges, ADHD, anxiety, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, learning disorders, and more. Our care model, driven by insights and technologies from emerging neuroscience, brings together clinicians from a range of disciplines to design and deliver comprehensive care to children. Because the heart of Cortica’s mission is direct patient care, the skill and compassion of our staff are crucial to achieving extraordinary experiences and outcomes for the families we serve.
We believe a great culture attracts great people. We also believe that great culture and great people working together can change the world. Our hopes and dreams are bold and ambitious. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member in every role is instrumental in bringing our mission and vision to life. Cortica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
General responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Schedules sessions/procedures and provides patients’ families with necessary preparation instructions.
- Works collaboratively with the Family Consultants to achieve optimal scheduling plans for patients across all clinic therapy disciplines.
- Validates all existing clinic therapist schedules for accuracy and adherence to comprehensive recommendations by physicians and the family consultants.
- Prepares, processes, and manages patient documentation to department database as relevant to scheduling.
- Responsible for overseeing and performing a wide variety of clerical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of computers and other equipment.
- Develops and delivers scheduling templates for all clinicians, working closely with Dept. Heads to achieve optimal treatment scenarios.
- Works closely with the Family Consultants, Clinic Director, and Department Heads to identify and correct problems relating to scheduling fills, cancellations, scheduling conflicts, and EMR errors/fixes.
- Knows the existing lines of communication and authority, handles communications properly and is dependable and cooperative.
- Acts as a liaison between the scheduling dept. and the clinicians to enhance maximum utility.
- Works with staff and understands appropriate scheduling process.
- Assists Clinical office staff with scheduling issues in a timely manner.
- Provides statistical utility reports and participates in quality improvement projects by analyzing, compiling and reporting data.
- Provides back up coverage for front office staff as requested by supervisor (i.e., rest breaks, vacations and sick leave)
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years’ scheduling experience in an office setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Applications. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Benefits you deserve:
Cortica cares deeply about each team member and their wellbeing! We strive to foster an outstanding employee experience and culture. We also provide a terrific benefits package. Full-time employees enjoy a variety of company subsidized medical and dental insurance options, 401K with company match and rapid vesting, Personal Time Off that increases based on tenure, paid holidays, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance options, tuition reimbursement for continuing education and professional development, employee referral bonus awards, and more.
Cortica may identify specific roles as 100%, permanently remote roles (as defined in the role’s job description). Teammates in these roles do not have the option to work in the corporate office or a Cortica clinic unless approved in advance by their supervisor.
Cortica is a leading provider of advanced neurological therapies for children with autism and other developmental differences. We offer in-home, in-clinic, and telehealth services that empower families to achieve long-lasting, transformative results.
Click Here To Apply