Registered Behavior Technician Service Description
Title: Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Description: RBT services are direct activities related to the delivery of behavior analysis services and are designated in and required by a behavior analysis service plan. Activities include monitoring of behavior analysis services, the implementation of behavioral procedures for acquisition of replacement skills and reduction of problematic behaviors, data collection and display (e.g., graphics) as authorized by a recipient’s behavior analysis service plan and assist the behavior analyst in training of caregivers and/or staff.
Major Duties: RBTs working with Step by Step: ABA (SBS) are expected to abide by the policies and procedures set forth by the organization. The overriding goal of Step by Step: ABA services is to enhance the autonomy and quality of life of individuals, their families, and others who support them. Each SBS client has a behavior support plan; it is the responsibility of the RBT to work with others to fully implement strategies within this plan and achieve the desired outcomes. Specific types of support include assisting in restructuring environments and activities to support the individual’s behavior, teaching skills that allow the individual to communicate his or her needs and/or function more effectively, and working with caregivers to manage consequences for the individual’s behavior to maximize reinforcement for positive behavior under the supervision of the behavior analyst. RBTs do not provide babysitting or respite services.
Responsibilities: RBTs working with SBS are required to do the following.
1. Adhere to and support Step by Step: ABA policies and procedures, facilitating their application with individuals and families.
2. Review behavior plans and other relevant (e.g., instructional) materials developed by behavior analysts for clients in order to facilitate consistent implementation and monitor outcomes appropriately.
3. Complete daily soap notes (related to implementation of the behavior intervention plan) on the Rethink system for the behavior analyst and families to review.
4. Support the family and other caregivers in implementing the behavioral support strategies in the plan and collecting data.
5. Assist the behavior analyst in developing reports and conducting assessments upon request.
6. Participate in meetings as requested by the behavior analyst.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $19.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Home Health
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Garland, TX 75040: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply