This position will assist in our School Counseling program as well as provide case management in residential and adoption. In the Residential program, the Social Worker will provide case management, house staff support, intakes, assessments, and any other tasks that assist the Residential Director. In Adoption the social worker will assist in updating paperwork for Prospective Adoptive Parents, home studies, post placements, and other duties that assist the Adoption Director.
The school counseling role will support students, two days per week, kindergarten-8th grade. This role provides resources, advocacy, and collaboration. School counselors promote student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, emotional and personal/social development for all students.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES – Residential Program
1. Provide case management – provide resources and assist with setting goals.
2. Conduct Assessments- update assessments on a weekly or monthly basis.
3. Assist with House Staff responsibilities when needed
4. Assist with phones
5. Keep files organized
6. Other residential responsibilities assigned by residential director.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES – Adoption Program
1. Support the Adoption Director with prospective adoptive parent requirements
2. Schedule, prepare, write, and update home studies for prospective adoptive parents.
3. Completes intakes and inquiries from birthmothers and adoptive parents.
4. Assist Adoption Director with marketing efforts the adoption program at community events; churches; local organizations; etc.
5. Assist with birth parent needs as assigned by Adoption Director
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES – School Counseling Program
1. Provide individual and/or group counseling services to meet the developmental, preventative, and remedial needs of students
2. Participation in educational planning meetings with faculty, as needed
3. Maintain availability to faculty, students, and families to provide support for emotional, social, or family issues that may hinder school progress
4. Maintain appropriate records of all student contact
5. Provide resources and referrals to outside parties as appropriate
6. Maintain statistics, which include PQI measures
7. Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND/OR ABILITIES
1. Excellent counseling and communication skills.
2. Ability to coordinate program elements with state regulations.
3. Capacity to manage a flexible work schedule.
4. Provide case management and support
5. Collaborate with teachers to present topics of relevance in the classroom setting
6. Conducts classroom observations to provide adequate guidance and services
7. Helps the school principal identify and resolve student issues, needs and problems
8. Mediates conflict between students.
9. Organizes peer counseling sessions
10. Implements an effective referral and follow-up process when student and/or family requires outside resources
11. Abide by licensure ethics in regards to confidentiality of student and school
12. Manages paperwork and consents in order to provide appropriate documentation of services provided.
13. Collects and analyzes data to guide program direction and services provided
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE
1. Graduate of an Approved Master’s Level Social Work Program or equivalent counseling degree
2. Certification/Licensure preferred
3. Experience preferred
4. School counselors are expected to have a broad and comprehensive understanding of the knowledge and skills needed for this position, and to use that knowledge to help students prepare for the challenges and opportunities they may face. The school counselor must be able to apply knowledge and skills to deliver effective counseling services using numerous treatment modalities based on the needs of the students.
1. Professional atmosphere
2. Primarily daytime hours; some nights and evenings
3. On call rotation
Please state salary requirements for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Master’s (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply