Manages and coordinates all administrative, managerial clinical and clerical functions required for the operation of a multi-specialty clinic with moderate complexity.
UTHealth, Department of Pediatics Clinic Administration
University Professional Building @ 6410 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030
Position Key Accountabilities:
Patient Care & Clinical Operations—
- Responsible for ensuring high quality patient care is provided.
- Coordinates facility building needs by acting as the primary contact for the center interacting with building management.
- Maintains confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines in regards to patient information.
- Makes recommendations to increase efficiency, decrease costs, or improve daily operations.
- Develop and implement a cost effective and efficient, internal operations system to handle patient volume and required documentation for regulatory agencies.
- Maintains an environment that complies with OSHA regulations and employee safety.
- Handles patient complaints and reviews quality assurance information relating to practice and patient care issues.
- Resolves any operation or issues that may arise.
- Monitors patient volumes, quality of care, and performance of staff to identify areas for improvement.
- Maintains a clinical provider appointment schedules that effectively utilize personnel, space, and equipment that could include multi-modality specialties like XRAY, Ultrasound, PET, MRI and CT.
- Oversees all clinic facilities and equipment management which includes maintaining a clean safe environment for clinical inspections by regulatory agencies.
- Manages and coordinates the daily and monthly clinical scheduling IDX templates for each provider.
- Other duties as assigned.
Financial & Personnel Management—
- Responsible for the economical and efficient performance of the practice.
- Prepares the annual budget for Department-level review and approval. Monitors budget variance reports and presents financial analysis as appropriate.
- Manages the daily business operations including purchasing, and marketing.
- Maintains the employee and patient incident report files.
- Interact with administrative offices of the organization regarding the selection of training and monitoring of new staff to ensure continuity of operations.
- Ensures that personnel are appropriately trained for the job duties they are assigned.
- Manages Human Resource functions for the clinic under the direction of the UTH-assigned Department with regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Ensures accurate submission of time and leave requests, and verifies monthly payroll statements reflect submitted and approved time.
- Produce all reports, manuals, and agendas, correspondence as directed by physicians and department administration on clinic volume, expense, and profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficient with Microsoft Office and Allscripts.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree or experience in lieu of education.
Seven years of experience.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Click Here To Apply