The prime directive of the School Psychologist is to accomplish the goals of company and their clients, which include 100% compliance in meeting IEP timelines, providing FAPE and meeting the needs of the client. Manages the actions of the Special Education field staff and works to ensure compliance with Special Education law. Provides direct certificated instructional support when needed
This position interacts directly with students, parents, and teachers as needed to assess and provide recommendations for pupils with special needs. Provides direct instructional support.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following: ***
- Provide diagnostic services, counseling and recommendations for pupils with special needs.
- Review student records, organize information, and determine appropriate assessment battery.
- Observe students; assess, evaluate, analyze, diagnose, and write psychological reports.
- Assess students’ cognitive ability, social-emotional development, adaptive behavior, language development, academic achievement, learning potential and social needs.
- Participate in the decision-making process regarding special placement of students.
- Conduct parent counseling to aid parental understanding of student’s program placement and reasonable expectations.
- Participate in Individual Education Program meetings with students and parents as needed.
- Plan, organize, and schedule calendar for IEP meetings and triennial evaluations; schedule monthly IEP meetings; establish assessment plan and coordinate with other staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: **
- Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques, strategies and trends in educational, social and emotional adjustment assessment functions.
- Knowledge of applicable and appropriate psychological and achievement appraisal instruments, techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of evaluation and research techniques, strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction programs proven to be beneficial to pupils with special learning needs.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Ability to communicate well with students, parents and teachers.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: *
- Five years of successful School Psychology experience preferred.
- Master’s degree with emphasis on School Psychology preferred.
Education and Experience: **
- Valid California Pupil Personnel Services Credential with school psychology authorization.
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Here at PSE, we work with 100+ clients across Southern California. Will you be open to servicing our clients in San Gabriel Valley?
- Certified School Psychologist (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply