What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
UTHealth Houston Rosenberg Multispecialty Clinic is hiring an Assistant Nurse Manager/Clinical Care Coordinator to join their team. The Assistant Nurse Manager/Clinical Care Coordinator is responsible for direct patient care of adult and pediatric patients by supporting the various specialties, addressing clinical basket messages and patient portal inquiries, completing prescription refills, and assisting with triaging walk-in patients. In addition, this lead nurse position serves as a resource for non- licensed staff, prepares and maintains monthly quality control reports, and manages vaccine inventory and clinical supplies.
Preferences: Nursing experience in an outpatient setting working with both adult and pediatric patients; EHR experience; management experience
Perks: FREE PARKING! Uniform Provided!
Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday – Friday with extended hours on Tuesday and Thursdays until 7pm. Some Saturdays
Location: 5115 Avenue H, Rosenberg, Texas 77471
Once you join us you won’t want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as…
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more!
Responsible for safe, effective clinical nursing care for children/adolescents (ages 3-12), and adult patients utilizing the nursing process.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Assists the Nurse Manager in the management and coordination of the daily activities for an assigned unit.
2. Assist in the development implementation/evaluation of unit/departmental goals. Participates in decision-making with the Nurse Manager, nursing staff and supervisory personnel.
3. Assists in resolving interdepartmental and intradepartmental problems/concerns. Actively participates in performance initiatives. Facilitates change process.
4. Acts in-charge in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
5. Investigates, communicates and follows through on concerns expressed by patients, families and/or staff. Effectively communicates with patients, families and staff.
6. Supports nursing research by participating in research activities where appropriate.
7. Participates in the continuing education process, identifies own professional needs and assists with education and orientation of peers and students.
8. Manages Human Resources activities of department in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and terminations, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Current Texas registered nurse’s license.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing plus three years nursing experience, OR
Associates degree in nursing plus five years nursing experience, OR
Nursing diploma (3-year program) plus four years nursing experience.
Nursing experience preferably including some managerial/supervisory experience. The number of years varies depending on the education level attained.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Click Here To Apply