Well-established, independent, physician-owned practice in Colchester, Vermont is seeking a full-time Office Manager that possesses both the analytical business skills so necessary to navigating today’s healthcare environment, and strong, compassionate interpersonal skills for managing a long-term, devoted staff in a family-feeling environment. The successful candidate needs to embody the group’s mission and be focused on supporting a caring and nurturing environment while leading the team to perform to the highest level of efficiency possible and ensure financial success for all. The office manager will report directly to Physician Leadership. The ability to work collaboratively with all physicians, transparently and effectively, while maintaining a high level of leadership and implementation is imperative to success. Key responsibilities are:
1. Manager day-to-day operations including staffing, property maintenance, payment of bills and efficient use of resources. Utilizes appropriate delegation skills to ensure responsibilities are met.
2. Oversee all business aspects of the practice: medical billing, insurance credentialing, malpractice insurance, bookkeeping, coordination with accountant, payroll, IT services.
3. Ensure practice meets standards required by such entities as OSHA and CLIA.
4. Create budgets for annual operations as well as projected cost/revenue analysis and budgeting for future growth.
5. Develop and manager of projects and workflow reengineering to ensure that processes and procedures are properly followed.
6. Work directly with the physicians on strategic planning and practice analysis.
7. Provide high-quality customer service, ensure patient satisfaction, and effectively address customer concerns.
8. Oversee all aspects of human resources management: recruitment, training, payroll, employee evaluation, terminations, disability, workplace safety, staff mentoring, conflict resolution, employee benefits.
9. Assist with maintaining physician and provider applications and credentialing information for participating health plans and hospitals.
10. Coordinate and implement new Practice policies and procedures including maintenance of the employee handbook.
11. Lead regular meetings with staff and physician leadership.
12. Work collaboratively with physician owners, employed clinicians, medical and administrative staff. Promote effective communication among practice, surgery group and hospital.
13. Provide team-building skills, management advice, and conflict resolution skills among all the employees and physicians. Works to promote effective partnership among the physician owners of the practice.
14. Oversee quality improvement initiatives and hit key performance indicators within the practice.
15. Stay abreast of upcoming trends and forecasts to maintain a progressive financial track.
16. Maintain patient and practice confidentiality.
17. Must be available to work extended hours if needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Minimum of three – five years medical office management, including medical assistant oversight, billing and collections experience.
2. Knowledge of practice policies and procedures.
3. Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance practices.
4. Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding.
5. Knowledge of financial systems and analysis and computer systems, including electronic health record (EHR/EMR) implementation and usage.
6. Knowledge of Greenway Health Electronic Medical Record and Billing software is a plus.
7. Applicant should be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills. Skills in personnel management, planning, exercising initiative, judgement, problem-solving, decision making, development, and maintaining effective relationships with providers, clinical and administrative staff, patients, and the public are required.
8. Ability to work as part of a team.
9. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
10. Solid presentation skills to lead meetings and present information in a clear manner to staff and providers.
11. Ability to function independently utilizing sound professional judgement.
12. Excited to work with employees, patients and create a positive practice environment.
13. Member of MGMA and/or Administrator Certification (CMPE or FACMPE) by a recognized group such as MGMA/ACMPE a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $27.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply