At Michigan Learning Community, our goal is to develop targeted treatment programs that are based on the individualized needs of each child with which we work. We use behavior analysis to better understand how the child’s behaviors work in everyday situations with a goal of increasing the desired behaviors around learning.
We are looking for individuals who are responsible, qualified, compassionate, and eager to make a difference in the lives of our clients. We provide in-home services to children and teenagers who have autism. As a technician, you will be given the privilege of working with children one on one and witnessing them reaching their goals firsthand.
Behavior Technicians are Responsible for:
- Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings using a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols as developed by the supervising clinician
- Collect, record and summarize data on observable client behavior
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the supervising clinician
- Utilize safe & appropriate handing procedures when working with clients
- Maintain client confidentiality by adhering to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and be courteous towards the privacy of your client and his or her family.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work and therapy environment
Basic and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time
- Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time
- Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions for data collection
- Must be physically present at the assigned job location, which may include home, center and community placements
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing and able to travel between different job sites
- No criminal history
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Available to work Monday through Sunday 8am-8pm (schedule will depend on the case)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Technicians are required to wear a mask while at work and wash hands frequently. If a client, family member, or technician has any symptoms they are required to follow protocol based on the Michigan/CDC guidelines for testing or quarantine.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply