***Pay Rate – Up to $35/hr to $45/hr (Negotiable)***
Job Title: Histology Technologist
Location: Elmira, NY
Assignment Length: 13 weeks + Possibility for extension
Shift: Days (8hr/day)
- Selecting the most appropriate tissue samples for analysis.
- Dissecting and examining resected tissue using biopsies, aspirated tissue, and, in some instances, making use of frozen tissue sections.
- Analysing tissue using accessioning, tissue processing, embedding, microtomy, and staining.
- Spending time in the mortuaries in order to perform autopsies.
- Handling cell and tissue samples with meticulous care to prevent infection.
- Instructing and guiding other members of the biomedical team about tissue analysis, identification, and the appropriate test to perform.
- Compiling and submitting clinical reports to medical specialists and health care professionals and collaborating with them to prescribe patient care.
- Conducting clinical audits to identify best laboratory practices in order to provide excellent patient care.
- Handling tissue specimens in accordance with safety requirements and infection-control specifications.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of pathology sampling and communicating this to colleagues.
- 2 years of Recent Histology Technologist .
- Co-vid Vaccine Card
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $35.00 – $45.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Recent Histology Technologist: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Co-vid Vaccine Certificate. (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply