Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay currently has an amazing opportunity for you to serve others and grow professionally in a supportive environment. With a number of other options, our residents choose to live in our waterfront community based on the impeccable service, the warm, family-friendly atmosphere and the beautiful, inviting living spaces.
We welcome YOU to join in on the incredible rewards of serving our residents!
***COVID-19 VACCINATIONS: ARE A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT – MANDATORY FOR TEAM MEMBERS. BEING FULLY VACCINATED IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT.***
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is hiring Registered Nurse’s (RN) for The Hoy Center.
The Hoy Center encompasses Westminster-Canterbury’s long term care (LTC), rehab, and pre-hab services.
We have immediate openings for:
- Full Time Nights (7pm-7am)*
- Full Time Days (7am-7pm)
- PRN/Per Diem (as needed basis)
- Schedule is 3 days one week, 4 days the next with an every other weekend rotation.
Full-Time employees are eligible for Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits on the FIRST day of employment!
- 3-day weekend, every other week
- Known schedule 12-months in advance
- Scholarship assistance for employees & immediate family members
What will I do?
Our RN: Registered Nurse for Skilled Nursing:
- Demonstrates kindness, expertise and compassion, contributing to the engaging atmosphere of our Hoy Center health care program.
- Provides nursing intervention and medication administration for a designated group of residents on a nursing unit.
- Ensures smooth operations of the unit for a designated shift.
What do I need for this role?
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of VA (or compact license).
- Current CPR Certification.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of this position.
- Experience administering medications in compliance with state and pharmacy regulations.
- Experience administering IV medications and the flushing of PICC/other intravenous devices.
What makes Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay unique?
Founded in 1982, Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is a faith based, not-for-profit, Life Plan Continuing Care Community to serve older adults of all beliefs, their families and the broader community.
Our waterfront community, located on the southern shore of Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach, in a beautiful, resort-like setting, provides innovative and comprehensive services designed to offer independent living, assisted living, and nursing care solutions.
Our employees, residents and guests carry out our mission daily: Creating community to foster joy and well-being. We maintain a close and friendly culture for our staff and residents by adhering to our Values of achieving excellence by giving and expecting:
RESPECT for each Person.
PASSION for what we do.
PROFESSIONALISM in all we do.
Check us out on Facebook: @WCBayCareers
Stay updated on Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay’s response to COVID-19: https://www.wcbay.com/coronavirus
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. Candidates are screened, in accordance with the Code of Virginia, with the State Police criminal background check including sex offender crimes. All new hires are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen.
DAY ONE BENEFITS FOR ALL FULL-TIME HIRES!
- Dental Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Identity Theft Plan
- Legal Resources
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Scholarship Program for Employees/Family Members
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Six (6) Paid Holidays
- Team Member Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
Click Here To Apply