This position works in outpatient and retail pharmacy providing pharmaceutical care to all members of community.
This position works with physicians, nurses, other healthcare practitioners, and pharmacists as well as SelectHealth and other health plans.
- Preparation & Dispensing: Labels, processes, and dispenses appropriate medication and quantities using safety systems including the workflow verification system. Analyzes each prescription for clarity and completeness, pricing, consulting with the physician to clarify unclear or incomplete prescriptions, labels and dispenses the appropriate medication and quantity required. Ensures distribution services are consistent with departmental policy and procedure.
- Leadership: Trains and supervises new employees including pharmacy technicians and other supportive staff as needed in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of pharmaceutical services. Ensures that supportive personnel (including students in experiential programs) are working in a manner consistent with Scope of Practice.
- Education & Training: Provides accurate drug information, side effect information, and drug utilization reviews to other health professionals and patients to assure safe and appropriate use. Assists physicians, nurses, patients, and other personnel in understanding formulary compliance in various health plans.
- Medication Therapy Management: Participates in the multidisciplinary team to provide feasible therapeutic recommendations and alternatives that improve patient drug therapy. This may include changes in drug, dosage form, dose, route, dosage interval and duration. Monitors physician orders to ensure safe, correct, and appropriate use of medications. Monitors, documents and evaluates drug elements and adverse medication events.
- Cost & Inventory Control: Participates in department cost savings initiatives. Monitors pharmaceutical inventory and exercises strict inventory control through diligent tracking of all substances. Participates in organization surveys (Joint Commission or other applicable regulatory agencies) or audit inspections.
- Regulatory Compliance: Completes all regulatory and compliance training, and ensures documentation of regulatory requirements is clear and complete. Is knowledgeable and compliant with state and federal laws, regulations, pharmacy policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Customer Service: Provides professional, engaging, customer service to all patients, and healthcare providers with whom they work in accordance with Healing Commitments. Ensures patients are aware of costs and payment and financial assistance options associated with their prescriptions.
- Quality: Maintains quality in the pharmacy through completion of quality control check logs and other quality documentation. Takes responsibility for assuring quality improvement projects are developed, implemented, and completed.
- System Approach: Is responsible for support of clinic or hospital and system directives, including clinical, compliance, business operations, and customer service and to work with pharmacy or operations leadership to communicate progress.
- Bachelor’s in Pharmacy – or – Doctorate of Pharmacy. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current license as a Pharmacist in state of practice.
- Controlled substance license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for healthcare providers.
- Immunization certification endorsed by the American Pharmacist Association (APhA).
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree. Education must be obtained from an accredited college of pharmacy. Degree will be verified.
- BCPS or other board certification.
- APhA MTM Certificate.
- Vaccination Certificate.
- Specializes in a disease-state specialty such as asthma, diabetes, hypertension, or anti-coagulation.
- Health-systems residency.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
Supply Chain Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Click Here To Apply