Join our growing team!
Nebraska Surgery Center has expanded and moved to a new location!
Our new location features state of the art equipment and spacious OR suites and recovery rooms.
We are a looking for dynamic leader who is a dedicated, patient focused professional to be a part of this exciting opportunity in the role of an OR Supervisor.
At Nebraska Surgery Center we specialize in Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, General, Ophthalmology, Pediatric Dental, Plastic and Cosmetic, Obstetrics and Gynecological, Neuro, and ENT.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to lead and provide operational direction to members of the OR team to achieve optimal patient outcomes while optimizing available resources including surgical case management and patient care coordination.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promotes and contributes to a culture of teamwork, accountability, and positivity.
- Acts as a clinical resource for OR personnel using current literature and guidelines, organizational policies and procedures, and regulatory and accreditation standards. Monitors adherence to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring quality delivery of care which includes determining the types and numbers of nursing personnel and staff necessary to ensure appropriate coverage in the OR.
- Assists in the selection of equipment and monitors that necessary equipment and supplies are available.
- Assists OR personnel in the evaluation of current practice through quality and performance improvement activities. Provides team building and demonstrates positive feedback.
- Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration of skills with members of the OR team and other stakeholders. Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team in planning patient care.
- Collects and analyzes data applicable to OR services to facilitate collaboration and negotiation with stake holders.
- Ensures the timely and adequate delivery of patient care by utilizing the nursing process as appropriate.
- Solves problems with equipment and/or procedural problems including minor equipment repair.
- Remains knowledgeable of state and federal regulations to ensure compliance. Interprets regulations for staff and physicians.
- Works closely with the anesthesia staff to support and assist their department in areas as needed.
- Interprets and communicates to staff and physicians on administrative issues and follows up on issues until closure.
- Supervisor responsibilities include the selection and hiring of staff in coordination with Human Resources, training, scheduling, assigning work, conducting performance appraisals, initiating corrective action, terminating, coaching, and staff development.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State of Nebraska. Current licensure from a compact state requires Nebraska to be declared as their primary state of residence within 30 days and must also obtain a Nebraska temporary permit or nursing license.
- Current BLS required at the time of hire.
- Must obtain ACLS and PALS within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Previous experience in the surgical care setting and previous management experience preferred.
- Certification in department specialty preferred (Association of PeriOperative Registered Nurses/Certification in PeriOpertaive nursing/CNOR), with goal of certification in one year of hire.
Nebraska Surgery Center has a competitive benefits package to include:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with a company match
- Uniform Reimbursement
- Short and Long Term Disability
Click Here To Apply