Initial Posting Date:
Department of Corrections
$3,196 – $4,572
Office Specialist 2, Behavioral Health Services (Wilsonville) Temp position opportunity
Office Specialist 2, Behavioral Health Services – Temp position opportunity
Oregon Department of Corrections
Are you looking to join a team of passionate professionals? Apply today and begin your career as an Office Specialist. We currently have a temporary opening at Coffee Creek Intake Center in Wilsonville for an Office Specialist 2. If you are a current ODOC employee, you MUST receive your supervisor’s authorization to apply. This list could be used to fill future vacancies.
The Oregon Department of Corrections (ODOC) seeks to employ career-oriented candidates and offers employment opportunities in a wide variety of challenging occupations. ODOC’s mission is to promote public safety by holding offenders accountable for their actions and reducing the risk of future criminal behavior.
As an Office Specialist 2 in Behavioral Health Services, you will be supporting your administrative supervisors and team. You will be providing customer service and are responsible for a variety of administrative duties including typing, data entry, filing, answering telephone calls, taking meeting minutes, ordering office supplies, locating charts, scanning medical documents, creating and maintaining excel spread sheets. You will be generating reports, memos, correspondences, letters, forms both of a confidential and non-confidential nature. You will maintain program schedules, assist with scheduling meetings and other appointments for the team. You may make travel arrangements, reservations, and notify organizations. You will be reviewing and processing data in the DOC400.
Requested Skills in
- Strong customer service;
- Working with HIPAA guidelines;
- Pulling and filing medical charts;
- Interpreting and applying rules, statutes, procedures, guidelines, and policies;
- Managing calendars and scheduling meetings;
- Ordering office supplies;
- Taking meeting minutes;
- Microsoft Excel and creating and maintaining a database;
- Ability to work with angry, hostile and frustrated individuals;
- Ability to work with Adults in Custody;
- Experience working in a medical, mental healthcare, or substance use program setting;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Managing and working with confidential information including medical information;
- Preparing a variety of reports, memos, different types of correspondence (proofreads documents for general clarity, punctuation, grammar, spelling, capitalization and typographical errors).
- Experience with AS400;
- Experience working in a law enforcement or correctional environment.
- Experience working in a medical clinic or medical setting.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must update their Work History in Workday.
- If you are a current ODOC employee, you MUST receive your supervisor’s authorization to apply.
Only the candidates whose experience most closely matches the qualifications and requested skills of this position will be invited to an interview.
In the Work Experience section of your online application clearly describe your experience as it relates to the minimum and special qualifications, requested skills, and/or desired attributes. Be sure to demonstrate you have obtained any skills requested or required through education, work experience, or by showing you have transferable skills (i.e., skills obtained through military education or experience) that substantially relate to this position.
Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration. A resume will not substitute for completing the work experience section of your application.
This position is located inside Coffee Creek Correctional Facility and works in close contact with adults in custody in the institution setting and may be exposed to hostile situations or incidents. You may be standing and walking for long periods of time. You will need to push or move a cart with several medical charts or deliveries with or without reasonable accommodations. May have exposure to chemicals, communicable diseases, radiation, and other hazards inherent within a health care and correctional setting.
Requirements for Employment
You must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following convictions are likely to result in being disqualified for this position: felony convictions, computer theft, identify theft and fraud. CJIS clearance is done at the conditional job offer.
The Selection Process – We expect to
- Initial review of minimum qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
- Consideration of top candidates – Recruitment will review and refer the top candidates to the hiring manager.
- There will be interviews and/or testing to determine the best candidates for a position.
- Background check and reference checks – All finalists must pass a thorough a criminal record check and reference check.
The salary range listed above is for non-PERS qualifying applicants. PERS qualifying applicants may be eligible for an adjusted range. The State of Oregon provides a generous benefit package, which includes family health and dental insurance, optional short and long-term disability and term life insurance – all of which can be tailored to individual needs. Also provided are fully paid retirement program, modest life insurance policy, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Position may be eligible for Police & Fire (P&F) benefits through Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), as defined by statute.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
is embedded in the Department of Corrections core values. The department strives to be a model employer committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ensuring legal compliance, efficiency, and exceeding expectations to deliver the best public services.
EEO is the Law
poster is available for your reference.
United States Department of Justice
Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility
. Please note – if you checked you are a veteran, you will be asked to upload your documents later in the application process, after you have applied.
and reference number: REQ-93949.
The fine print:
- Warning! The system will timeout after 15 minutes of inactivity. You must submit your application after you begin the process – you cannot save your progress and come back to it later.
- Workday performs weekly maintenance Friday evenings and the system may be down for several hours. Please plan accordingly.
- We may also use other factors to help us decide who will move forward, such as your related work experience, education, and overall professionalism of your application materials.
- Do not attach extra documents. We will only review documents requested in the posting.
- ODOC does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
- This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
- Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process and used in future vacancies. This process is subject to change without notice. The pay and benefits on all announcement may change without notice.
Click Here To Apply