We are a small but rapidly-growing medical office that provides innovative and exciting treatments for a variety of physical and mental health conditions. Our enthusiastic team is in need of a competent and caring office manager that can ensure that the back end of the clinic is running smoothly.
Since opening just a year and a half ago, our team has grown from just 2 people to our current staff of 13. Our cutting-edge treatments attract intelligent, creative and forward-thinking individuals that are excited to be part of this wonderfully healing work.
An employee with responsibility/accountability for leading and managing the clinic. Instrumental in defining the mission, goals, budget and performance standards for the clinic and communicating it to staff. Utilizes knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems. Uses skills in planning, organizing, delegating and supervising. Must work effectively with administration, providers, staff, patients, public and external agencies. Must have the ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgement, decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
Include but are not limited to the following:
· Coordination of the day-to-day operations of the clinic.
· Develop and implement office policies and procedures.
· Oversee billing and coding of insurance claims.
· Supervise, train and evaluate administrative staff.
· Set staffing schedule and approve paid time off.
· Hire and onboard new administrative staff.
· Collaborate with medical and executive personnel.
· Work with executives to set goals, objectives and budgets.
· Ensure regulatory compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, labor laws and other federal, state and local regulations.
· Use electronic health records (EHR), billing, scheduling and payroll software.
· Oversee and perform, when needed, the attainment of prior authorizations related to patient treatment.
· Order clinic supplies and other items needed for day-to-day use.
· Organize and conduct regular clinic meetings to address concerns, provide education and encouragement to clinic staff.
· Assists with special projects.
· Provides ideas and recommendations on improvements that may be implemented.
· Coordinate logistics for internal and external meetings and conferences.
· Promote excellent customer service by all levels of the staff.
· Ensure patient satisfaction, including troubleshooting when there is a complaint and developing process improvements to prevent recurrences.
· Collaborate with staff to develop and operationalize strategic plan to achieve clinic’s goals and objectives. Reassess plan’s progress regularly and make adjustments to ensure its achievement.
· Develop and monitor important aspects of care for service according to the clinic’s quality plan. Assure that minutes of staff meetings which document agenda items and discussion of staff concerns with identified action plans and outcomes are kept.
· Foster the values and mission of the clinic to staff.
· Follow Performance Improvement plan for the clinic and initiate PI projects.
· Provides orientation and reorientation as needed to clinic staff.
· Organizes and conducts routine drills (i.e. fire drill, emergency drills, etc.).
· Foster an attitude of teamwork within the clinic.
Work Hours and Benefits
Although we are a small clinic, we do our best to provide as many benefits as we can to our staff. We currently offer:
· Paid-time off (PTO): 40 hours per year
· Sick-leave: 40 hours per year
· Health insurance
· Vision and dental insurance
· Simple IRA matching of up to 3% of your annual income
Qualifications and Skills
· Works well independently and has strong operational skills
· Excels at customer service and has strong interpersonal skills.
· Learns quickly and has strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
· Develops strong relationships with coworkers and possess solid leadership skills.
· Communicates effectively and has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to provide corrective guidance to staff when needed.
· Knowledge of regulations of both government-funded and commercial insurances.
· Human resources experience in hiring, supervision and performance reviews.
· Knowledge of HIPAA and labor laws.
· Skill in writing and developing policies and procedures.
· Skill in using healthcare software and computer systems.
· Strong ability to multitask.
· Problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
· An associate or bachelor’s degree in healthcare management, business or a related degree (preferred).
· A master’s degree in healthcare management, business or a related degree (preferred).
· A Certified Medical Manager (CMM) designation from the Professional Association of Health Care Office Management (PAHOM) (preferred).
· At least two years of medical office management experience (required).
· This is an exempt position and does not qualify for paid overtime.
· Salary varies based on years of experience and education.
· May vary based on clinic’s needs but generally is from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
· Reports directly to clinic director and medical director.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Masks are required.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical Practice Management: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply