Job Summary: Assists in a variety of activities in the preparation and service of resident meals under the direction of the cook and Dietary Manager. Performs general sanitation procedures to maintain cleanliness of the kitchen equipment, storage and work areas in accordance with Federal, State, local and facility regulations and guidelines.
Requirements: Must possess, as a minimum, a 10th grade education. Must be 18 years of age and be able to read, write and speak the English language.
Duties, including but not limited to:
- Assist in preparing / assembling food and service items for meals.
- Assist in setting up tray line and serving foods.
- Assist in serving trays to various eating areas.
- Perform duties as assigned, including
- Cleaning all dining room tables and chairs, worktables, refrigerators, freezers, carts, trashcans, etc.
- Scraping and washing dirty dishes in automatic dishwasher and returning dishes to proper place after cleaned.
- Cleaning dishwasher and dish room.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Taking out trash.
- Putting up stock and supplies.
- Maintain work areas in a clean and safe manner by keeping work area free from hazardous objects. Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the Dietary Manager. Maintenance issues should be reported to the Maintenance Supervisor in accordance with facility protocols.
- Report all accidents/incidents, including sharps injuries, to your supervisor immediately. (Note: such occurrences must be reported on the shift in which they occur. In absence of supervisor, notify charge nurse).
- Follow facility established safety and infection control practices when performing tasks
and using equipment and supplies.
- Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all resident information.
- Attend all departmental and staff meetings, in-service educational classes, orientation and on-the-job training programs, as scheduled or called.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.