We are setting records with the numbers of animals we are saving!
We are hiring in our Farm, Cat and Dog departments! Shared housing is available onsite. Due to our remoteness, living offsite is not possible. Please be open to sharing a house with like minded, courteous people, usually two people per house.
Working at the sanctuary comes with some amazing challenges and the biggest rewards. If you are a truly dedicated animal person this may just be the opportunity you have been looking for.
What are some of the qualities we are looking for in any of our positions? In no particular order –
- Dedicated to animal wellbeing without compromise.
- Independent and hard working.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Detail orientated and thorough record keeping
- Consistently strive to not just provide the highest quality of care to resident animals but improve the quality of care
- Follow verbal and written instructions thoroughly
- Knowledge of email and Google Suites, Microsoft Word and Excel
Kindness Ranch is hiring for live on site animal caregivers. It is of utmost importance to remember we are a positive reinforcement – force free, fear free facility
This is an emotionally challenging position and requires a very dedicated person. You must be okay with working in a remote location and going long periods of time without interacting with many people. Cell phone signals and internet are intermittent at the best of times. The heartbreaks are real, as are the rewards – this is not a position that you come for to “heal” yourself, this is a position you come to in order to heal others.
Sanctuary mindset of giving animals the best life with solid understanding of animal history of being retired lab animals.
- Daily physical labor in all seasons/types of weather
- Lift 50+ lbs.
- Drive sanctuary vehicles
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently but follow all sanctuary protocols & guidelines without direct supervision
- Team Player
- Animal husbandry, behavior or similar experience preferred
- Direct care for companion animals, primarily dogs or cats.
- Provide a clean, safe environment for all animals
- Diet prep & distribution
- Meds; when applicable
- One on one interactions & behavior training
- Grooming & bathing
- Daily logs, record books & documentation to meet the standards of KR, USDA & FDA
- Prompt & consistent communication with Animal Care Manager
- Weekly Reports & Inventory
The candidate would ideally have prior sanctuary experience.
Shared Housing, appliances, pots, pans, dishes and simple furnishings are provided. All utilities paid. Personal pets are okay though must be up to date on all vaccinations and a recent health check. Dogs must be leashed at all time when outside of yard.
Must be knowledgeable in socialization, and experience working with behavior challenged animals. Our animals are former research animals and are not your normal farm animal or house pet, therefore we will not accept any resumes with little to no prior experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22,500.00 per year, paid vacation and employer paid health insurance after 90 days.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
During these challenging times with COVID-19 we do limit direct interaction with public parties. When it is required all considerations will be evaluated case by case and proper precautions implemented.
- Please give a realistic time frame for relocation to the sanctuary.
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply