Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. As an acute care specialty hospital, we focus on treating those with complex medical conditions, chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma. La Rabida is a place unlike any other. We understand the needs of families with children battling the most serious or complicated of conditions. With teams of the best healthcare providers in Chicago, we give continuous, comprehensive care, education and support, helping families face their unique obstacles head on.
La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place. Oh, and the lakefront views are spectacular too!
Direct and execute strategies that strengthen the reputation and image of the hospital, generate favorable media interest, and maximize overall communications performance in alignment with the hospital’s goals and objectives.
- Directs the development and production of internal and external communication, including print and electronic media including brochures, newsletters, annual report, videos, social media and the hospital website.
- Plans and executes media relations strategies for hospital’s events including hospital programs and fundraising events; cultivates relationships with key media contacts; manages media pitches; fields and addresses media inquiries; serves as hospital spokesperson.
- Provides communications counsel to hospital Executive Leadership, departments and programs and create marketing strategies to promote key programs and clinical areas.
- Designs/modifies department staffing model to optimize quality and productivity; plans and manages staff toward the accomplishment of the annual communication plan; recruits, trains and coaches staff; follows policies and procedures relative to personnel management.
- Plans and executes VIP visits and ad hoc events; serves on the planning committees for various events.
- Develops and oversees event programming for fundraising events, special marketing opportunities and Board events.
- Identifies, selects, manages and monitors performance of external vendors, including firms and freelancers who provide PR, design, photography, and website services as well as print production, mailing, and novelty houses.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new strategies to shape and promote the La Rabida brand through partnerships with high profile individuals and/or organizations.
- Develops annual communication plan and budget, working closely with hospital departments and programs to identify needs and requirements. Monitor performance/expenses against plan and budget.
- Develops and writes fundraising appeals featuring La Rabida patient-family stories and clinical areas, informing supporters of the hospital’s focus while raising funds to support the mission.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, or communications required.
- 5 years related work experience required.
- Strong writing, desktop and publishing experience required.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and the ability to forge relationships required.
- Website development preferred.
Conditions of Employment Required to demonstrate full vaccination status for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized or FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine; OR Qualify for a reasonable accommodation for an exemption from vaccine requirements based on a medical disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief. Additional information and instructions regarding how to request a reasonable accommodation will be provided on request at the time of selection.
What you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Plan – plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our tax deferred 403b plan which matches your bi-weekly contributions and has an additional annual contribution based on your W-2 earnings.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) – we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
- Tuition Reimbursement – looking to continue your education achieve a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
- Business Reporting
- Clinical Works
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Interpersonal Communications
Click Here To Apply