Easterseals Southern California has fantastic opportunities for individuals looking to begin or continue a career in the fields of psychology, behavioral health, or autism services. Our Behavior Interventionists provide in home, ABA based therapy sessions to families and children on the autism spectrum. Are you interested in gaining a greater understanding of autism and behavioral therapy? Do you love working with children? We provide ongoing training and clearly defined career paths.
$1,500 Hiring Bonus Available
What’s great about working in this role?
- Opportunity to learn and apply the scientific discipline of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). This is a skill that can be applied in many different career paths
- Career growth and advancement: Research, Training, Assessment, are some of the other divisions that will allow you to grow with us
- Ongoing paid training, supervision and support to help you succeed and thrive. Candidates without experience are welcome to apply and receive our valuable training
- Guaranteed minimum hours
- Education reimbursement program
- 401k, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO)
What we are looking for:
- People with a passion for working with children
- Previous experience working with children or people with special needs and an interest in behavioral health
- Available to work in the afternoons/early evenings, and possible weekend morning hours
- Must have own reliable transportation, and valid driver’s license, auto registration and auto insurance
- Proof of immunization records and TB. Must be fully vaccinated against Covid including a booster, if eligible
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Must be available for initial 2 week training schedule (M-F, about 35 hours)
- The position requires lifting, carrying, and loading/unloading toys and materials for home visits. Also frequent walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, and twisting in order to observe, assess, and interact with participants
Work hours: Monday thru Friday 3PM-8PM are our highest need. We can be flexible with candidates who desire to work less than 5 days per week. This is a part time position, typically about 20 hours per week.
Areas of coverage (cases will be assigned based on where you live): Ramona, CA and surrounding areas.
A minimum of 6 months of exposure to/experience with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) or other related developmental disabilities. Some examples include working with typically developing children in a group setting (children with demonstrated deficits or challenging behavior preferred), having a family member with ASD, a neighbor with a developmental disability, or even volunteer work in a classroom with a child with ASD, etc.
Degree not required, but
must have at least completed some college coursework or be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university. We have a preference to programs related to early childhood education, psychology, nursing or related field.
This is a tremendous opportunity for people who have an interest in any of the following:
Autism, Behavior Analyst jobs, Social Skills, Developmental health, Psychology, Sociology, Social Services, Children, Behavior Therapist work, Behavioral Health, Behavior Specialist jobs, ABA Therapist, Childcare, Teacher Assistant, Teacher’s aide, Preschool Teacher, Paraprofessional, Youth Programs, Direct Support Professionals, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Behavioral Health Technicians, Babysitting, Mental Health Specialist, Camp Counselor, Coach, Working with Children, and Caregiver.
is leading the way to full equity, inclusion and access through life-changing disability and community services. For more than 100 years, we have worked tirelessly with our partners to enhance quality of life and expand local access to healthcare, education and employment opportunities. Easterseals Southern California provides essential services and on-the-ground supports to more than 15,000 people each year—from early childhood programs for the critical first five years, to autism services, daily and independent living services for adults, employment programs, veterans’ services and more. Our public education, policy and advocacy initiatives positively shape perceptions and address the urgent and evolving needs of the one in four Americans with disabilities today. Together, we’re empowering people with disabilities, families and communities to be full and equal participants in society.
Click Here To Apply