Veterinary Emergency + Referral Center of Hawaii (VERC) is an advanced 24-hour veterinary emergency and specialty hospital. Our dedicated board-certified specialists and highly-trained emergency professionals provide a collaborative approach to veterinary medicine. Supported by our modern, state-of-the-art facility, we offer a full in-house laboratory, ultrasonography, CT, MRI and electrochemotherapy.
At VERC, our mission is to provide the highest standard of emergency and specialty medicine, offering the most comprehensive and progressive patient care on the Hawaiian Islands.
About the job: As a surgery technician, you will be responsible for:
- Performing anesthetic monitoring including intubation/extubation of patients, monitoring patients, and troubleshooting machines
- Obtaining and preparing various blood samples for diagnostic testing
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications
- Performing sterile scrub and assisting doctors throughout surgical procedures including abdominal explores, cruciate repairs, fracture repairs, thoracotomies and both laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgeries
- Maintaining a working knowledge of normal patient vitals for awake, sedated and anesthetized patients
- Advocating for the patient, providing exceptional comfort, diagnostic, surgical, and nursing care to all patients
About your skills:
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents, fluids and CRI’s
- Proficiency in record keeping related to medical procedures including daily treatments administered, patient status, procedures completed, supplies used and anesthetic records
- Understanding and review of medical records pertinent to patient care
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic monitoring is required
- Possession of RVT, CVT, LVT or VTS is preferred
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and commitment to develop long term relationships with colleagues, clients and community is required
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook and ability to work well in a busy environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to deliver exceptional client service
- Ability to maintain professional composure and a positive attitude in a high-performance culture with ever changing demands
Benefits– Compensation is based on experience and skill level. Full time benefits include health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex spending accounts, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, and a generous CE allowance.
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.
Click Here To Apply