Position Title: Physician Assistant
Position Reports to: Medical Director
To fulfill duties of obtaining health histories and performing physical examinations and laboratory tests. Diagnoses and treatment of physical, social and emotional health needs for our clients.
- Performs history and physical examinations on adults and children (if trained to do so). Physical exams include pre-employment, school, sports, well child periodic screening, etc.)
- Performs Pap smears, breast examinations, and other medical services as needed.
- Counsels for birth control and prescribes as appropriate.
- Gathers complete medical history and performs a physical exam on each client.
- Provides treatment for a documents various related diseases.
- Writes prescriptions as deemed appropriate by supervising physician.
- Review results of lab tests and diagnostic imaging and arranges appropriate follow-up.
- Provides for the provision of health education and appropriately documents all health education.
- Reviews referral/consultant reports and arranges appropriate follow-up.
- Answers miscellaneous medical questions in the absence of the Nursing Director or Medical Director.
- Assists in training of staff.
- Participates in provider meetings.
- Participates in chart review and quality assurance activities as detailed in the Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Provides back up for nursing director and medical director as follows:
- Responds to calls from pharmacies regarding prescriptions and refills
- Responds to calls from other physicians
- Responds to calls from patients requiring medical advice when the Registered Nurse is not available.
- Triages walk-in patients when the R.N. is not available at the request of front or back office staff.
- Assists the front office staff in arranging for appropriate arrangements for patients who arrive when the provider they were scheduled with has been canceled- i.e. reviews the medical record and helps determine how soon and where the patient should be seen.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Observes CMOAR Appearance/Dress Standards.
- Observe regulations on time card use and reporting.
- Maintain attendance as a policy.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Observe general Safety/Employee Health policies and procedures.
- Maintain a current annual health screening.
- Observe CMOAR Appearance/Dress standards.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of both client and employee with regard to medical records.
- Display clearly visible identification.
- Treat all patients with respect and dignity and adheres’ to the Patient Bill of Rights.
- Treats all employees with respect and dignity in accordance to non-discriminatory policy and procedure.
- Treat all employees/clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conduct only work related conversations when clients are waiting for service.
- Do not discuss other staff members, policies, problems or medical care in public areas of clinic.
- Knowledge of nursing process and medical model:
- Knowledge of health and physical assessment; Ability to perform emergency resuscitation
- Knowledge of medical diagnosis and appropriate treatments
- Knowledge of sanitation practices, proper nutrition, and related programs
- Skill in written and verbal communication;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public, and ability to manage and lead clinic operations.
- Equivalent to a Master’s degree form an accredited Physician Assistant Program. Selected applicants are subject to, and must pass, a full background check.
- National Certification as a Physician Assistant.
- Must provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccinations including recommended doses in the primary series AND booster dose when eligible.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply