Market Lima, Ohio
Department Radiology – Diagnostic – St. Rita’s
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Coordinate Radiology work flow by utilizing customer service skills to ensure the highest quality customer satisfaction. Responsible for radiology record management by performing clerical functions including (but not limited to) document scanning, faxing, printing schedules and orders . Utilize computer software to manage images in the PACS archive, i.e. CD imaging burner, importing CD images, transmitting images through the internet to requested sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patients, physicians and visitors and answer their inquiries.
- Operate telephone system to expedite incoming messages. Evaluate incoming phone calls and direct appropriately.
- Utilize cell phones to get pertinent information to technologists and radiology nurses.
- Utilize Perfect Serve System to locate medical staff and radiologists.
- Provide radiology reports to physician offices and nursing units.
- Notify appropriate section when receiving orders or phone calls from the ED or nursing units.
- Complete process for radiologists approval for scheduled out patient biopsy.
- Add-on patients after hours to PHS and reprint patient schedules for the radiologist to enter pre-procedure orders as needed.
- Provide positive customer service by treating all customers with courtesy and respect.
- Maintain awareness of comfort and safety needs of patients and others.
- Work as a team with co-workers and communicate appropriately and effectively.
- Assist in training and orientation of new employees.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Process requests for diagnostic radiology procedures.
- Utilize PHS Scheduling software to print all scheduled exams and to schedule or re-schedule patient studies when applicable.
- Run patient schedules for MRI and CT and enter orders into tracking system.
- Release radiology studies and/or reports to patients and physicians adhering to HIPA rules by reprinting films from archive, burning CD’s or retrieving original study from off-site storage and scan completed authorization for release of information into CarePath.
- Searches for and investigates information contained in files and supplies information upon request.
- Inspect all documents prior to scanning for complete information. i.e. account numbers, physicians signatures, etc.
- Scan physician orders, consents, and other pertinent signed documents into patients permanent medical record in CarePath.
- Review requests for legal cases for signed authorization. Confirm requests and charges for duplicating images, if applicable, with legal office. Complete request and document pertinent information on release of information form. Scan all documentation into CarePath.
- Place orders for supplies through Office Manager. This includes CD’s, labels, sleeves and mailers.
- Thoroughly understand and operate the RIS as it pertains to your job.
- Trouble shoot computer hardware problems and printer errors and report to appropriate IT staff.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality for all patient data, including medical history and diagnosis.
- Responsible for safeguarding sensitive internal information, whether written or verbal.
- Responsible for stocking supplies and cleaning area.
- Responsible for appropriate use of hospital equipment and for reporting malfunctions.
- Interact with, locate and retrieve radiology studies for physicians, technologists and patients through Power Chart, re-printing of films, or burning CD’s.
- Import CD’s into the archive for a radiologist consultation or comparison.
- Push images out to various facilities/physician offices through the internet (i.e. SeeMy Radiology).
- Transport CD’s to and from clinical areas and to clinical. Upon retrieval of images, sort and discard printed films that are archived, shred CD’s,refile hard copy non PACS images.
- Investigate and follow through on all “completed not dictated” exams.
- Sort all incoming mail (radiology studies) to determine if films can be discarded or re-filed in patients file.
Performs all duties, with or without accommodations, listed in the Physical Demands section of this job description.
High School Diploma or GED Required
One year Certification from college or technical school or one to three years experience preferred
The physician demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work which frequently (40-60%) produces mental/visual fatigue because work is performed under pressure or occasionally requires extensive concentration to attention to details.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
- Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Radiology – Diagnostic – St. Rita’s
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If youd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email [email protected] If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Click Here To Apply