Thanks for your interest in Children’s Mercy!:
Do you envision finding a meaningful role with an inclusive and compassionate team? At Children’s Mercy, we believe in making a difference in the lives of all children and shining a light of hope to the patients and families we serve. Our employees make the difference, which is why we have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top pediatric hospital, for eleven consecutive years.
Children’s Mercy is in the heart of Kansas City – a metro abounding in cultural experiences, vibrant communities and thriving businesses. This is where our patients and families live, work and play. This is a community that has embraced our hospital and we strive to say thanks by giving back. As a leader in children’s health, we engage in meaningful programs and partnerships throughout the region so that we can improve the lives of children beyond the walls of our hospital.
Critical care registered nurses provide illness management and health promotion for patients and families who require intensive care. Critical care registered staff nurses utilize the nursing process and knowledge of scientific principles to provide safe, high quality, comprehensive, and age appropriate nursing care for their assigned patients in the intensive care areas of the hospital. Critical care registered staff nurses provide patient and family education and advocate for their needs, while coordinating patient care with nonprofessional personnel as necessary.
At Children’s Mercy, we are committed to ensuring that everyone feels welcomed within our walls. A successful candidate for this position will join us as we strive to create a workplace that reflects the community we serve, as well as our core values of kindness, curiosity, inclusion, team and integrity.
Additionally, it’s important to us that we remain transparent with all potential job candidates. Because we value the safety of the patients and families we serve, as well as the Children’s Mercy staff, we want to let you know that the
vaccines are a condition of employment for all employees in our organization. New employees must be willing to be vaccinated if found non-immune to measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and chicken pox (varicella) and/or without evidence of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccination since 2005. If you become a finalist for this position, and have any concerns about receiving these vaccines, medical and/or religious exemptions can be further discussed with Human Resources.
- Utilizes the nursing process to develop and implement a safe, high quality, comprehensive, and age-appropriate plan of care for the critically ill patient and family that promotes optimal patient outcomes.
- Meets the educational and informational needs of the patient and family and advocates for their needs.
- Maintains an environment that is safe, comfortable, efficient, and family centered.
- Utilizes current research and evidence for practice to expand personal professional knowledge, enhance role performance, and improve nursing care quality.
- Associate’s Degree required and 1-2 years experience or
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and No Experience necessary / On-the-Job Training
- One of the following: Licensed RN – MO, Registered Nurse Multistate License Missouri required upon hire
- One of the following: Licensed RN – Kansas, Registered Nurse Multistate License Kansas required upon hire
- RN Compact license for all states besides KS and MO
- Refer to Nursing and Advanced Practice Provider Licensure and Certification policy for required Life Support Certifications Required Upon Hire
- Specialty Nursing Certification encouraged for all eligible nurses Preferred
Our pay ranges are market competitive. The pay range for this job begins at $28.39, but your offer will be determined based on your education and experience.
Remote Work/Work from Home:
This position is not eligible work remotely, which means that the person hired will be required to work onsite at one of our Children’s Mercy locations and may not work from home.
Children’s Mercy hires individuals based on their job skills, expertise and ability to maintain professional relationships with fellow employees, patients, parents and visitors. A personal interview, formal education and training, previous work experience, references and a criminal background investigation all are factors used to select the best candidates. The hospital does not discriminate against prospective or current employees based on the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry or veteran status. A drug screen will be performed upon hire. Children’s Mercy is smoke and tobacco free.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
CM is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our patients and families come from all walks of life, and so do we. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our team so we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our hospital stronger and our patient care more compassionate.
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for service, you will find a home at CM. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring, including education, ideas, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability and beliefs.
Click Here To Apply