Animal Care Technician – Part-Time
Want to work in the veterinary industry one day? Love working with animals?
Love a job that offers a huge variety in responsibilities and duties?
If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, this opportunity may be for you. Hunt Valley Animal Hospital is looking to add another teammate to our kennel team. We are a busy veterinary hospital located in Northern Baltimore County that also operates a boarding facility at the same location. This role is primarily responsible for ensuring our boarders are well cared for while helping maintain various areas of the hospital.
Major Responsibilities/Must Haves:
- Ability and desire to provide excellent care to our patients and boarders. We take pride in the way we treat our patients – it’s not just about meeting their needs but spoiling them and being in-tune with them to ensure they are thriving while they stay with us.
- Cleaning. Everything from kennel runs, to food bowls, to specific areas of hospital. As well as bathing dogs!
- Keen attention to detail. Whether you’re measuring out food portions, notating an animal’s potty behaviors, or going through checklists – paying attention to the small stuff is a big deal around here.
- Ability to provide walks & playtime! This position is a bit like the fun police for our patients, you’re in charge of it! We want our boarders to have a good time with us. Beyond their regular walks, you would be responsible for ensuring the cats get play time, the pups get play time, and the more exotic boarders are receiving interaction and enrichment.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays. We do our best to rotate shifts equally among teammates, so no one must work the same shifts repeatedly.
- Own transportation. Some shifts start early, some end late – regardless of what mother nature throws at you. Having a reliable vehicle to get you here is a must; our patients depend on us to show up.
We mentioned variety in the beginning… our patients and the responsibilities of this opportunity truly encompass that. We have dogs weighing up to 150 lbs and dogs that weigh 4lbs. We have cuddly cats and not-so cuddly cats. We have bald eagles, parakeets, and let’s not forget about the pocket pets! We want applicants to understand this job can be busy, physical, dirty, requires some heavy lifting, and requires you to be on your feet for the majority of your shift. It’s a fun job, with a fun team but it will definitely keep you on your toes!
We are part of Innovetive Petcare, a network of veterinary hospitals dedicated to providing compassionate care and fostering excellent company culture. We provide competitive compensation, generous personal time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, & vision insurance, 401(k) plan, career development, student loan & education assistance, continuing education, and more! We are an E-Verify employer.
Click Here To Apply