The South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (DDSN) is the state agency that plans, develops, coordinates, and funds services for South Carolinians with the severe, lifelong disabilities of:
- intellectual disability and related disabilities
- autism spectrum disorder
- traumatic brain injury
- spinal cord injury and similar disability
About Whitten Regional Center
Whitten Regional Center is a residential facility of the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs located in Clinton, SC serving residents with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This position supervises nursing personnel within assigned area to include planning, organizing, implementing evaluations, and delegating nursing care. Acts as nursing advisor to the department/area administrators, and staff members of other disciplines serving consumers within the facility. Collaborates with other nursing administrative team members. Ensures nursing care is delivered according to accepted standards of nursing practice. Assist Nurse Administrator/Manager II with facilitating quality nursing care and may be delegated to relieve Nurse Administrator/Manager II.
- Supervises and mentors nursing staff on assigned shift so that the mission, goals, philosophy and functions of the nursing department are supported and can be achieved. Interview, select, and assign nursing personnel to primary work location. Provides direct oversight to RN’s on assigned shifts; who in turn provides direct oversight to LPN’s in their assigned areas. Evaluates RN’s and serves as reviewer for evaluation of LPN’s. In consultation with Human Resources follows proper procedures for conducting disciplinary action as needed.
- Develops and/or maintains nursing schedule for all shifts and adjusts schedules as needed to assure appropriate nursing coverage is maintained.
- As a member of the nursing administrative team, provides active leadership in assuring compliance with Federal / State regulations, South Carolina of Disabilities and Special Needs policies and procedures, and accepted nursing standards of care and practice.
- Keep abreast of new nursing trends or research with possible application towards improving the health care of consumers. Provides and participates in educational enrichment programs so that personnel are current with new concepts and approaches in the delivery of services to
- Performs and participates in outcome activities as assigned by the Nurse Administrator/Manager II.
Licensed Register Nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor Degree in Nursing, or a three year Diploma in Nursing, or an Associate Degree in Nursing with at least 2 years of clinical nursing experience in long term care or related areas. Must have one (1) year of nursing supervisory experience and CPR certified.
Click Here To Apply