We are a team that is focused on patient care and quality. Behavioral Health Group (BHG), is a leading provider of opioid addiction treatment services. BHG provides medication assisted treatment and counseling services in a conventional outpatient setting. At BHG, we are committed to the belief that addiction is a brain disease, not a moral failing. We believe that with hope, respect, and caring, real recovery is possible.
Why work at BHG?
We grow better together! At BHG we believe in investing in our team members and growing careers through role-based training and promotional opportunities. Join our team members and thrive in our people first culture that is rooted in diversity and inclusion and offers many other tangible opportunities such as:
- Benefits: Your choice of three different benefits programs including health, life, vision, and dental insurance, a tuition reimbursement program, and a competitive 401K match incentive
- Bonuses: We offer competitive pay, annual increases and bonuses for retention and certification/license completion
- Paid Time Off: In addition to paid vacation and company holidays, BHG also provides paid time for training, voting, sick or personal time off
- Work/life Balance: Many of our locations offer flexible work schedules
- Additional Benefits: Employee Discount Programs to applicable cell phone services, restaurants, amusement parks, movie theaters and more
- Career Pathing: We are growing and promote from within
- Self-Care: We offer a self-care series as well as an Employee Assistance Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspire hope that addiction is not a moral failing but a mental disease that can be overcome
- Provide evidence-based counseling, TCM and empowering crisis support services to patients to live their best lives
- Enliven compassionate care and empower patients to realize their best level of functioning in the community
- Employ an individualized and multidisciplinary approach to care with all medical staff, supporting the “shared” patient with hope, respect and care
- Help patients identify and seek treatment for underlying mental and physical health conditions that perpetuate addictive behavior with a focus on progress and recovery
- Work in close partnership with the recovery care team and clinical supervisor while conducting individual and group counseling sessions as required; make referrals to case management services as appropriate
- Orient patients to the treatment program’s services, operation and procedures; Provide intake/readmission services, including several weeks of supportive follow-up counseling for new patients until a primary counselor has been assigned
- Ensure patient records are up-to-date, accurate, complete and well-organized
- Comply with all regulations to include State and BHG requirements for quality patient care; respect confidentiality and privacy with the utmost reverence
- Additional responsibilities as required
- As per the requirements for your state, individuals with human service related (Masters or Bachelors) degrees and current counseling credentials should apply
- 0-2 years of experience in behavioral health, preferably in an outpatient setting
- Desire to provide compassionate, evidenced-based care that aligns with our mission
In addition to meeting the qualifications, the ideal candidate will embody the following characteristics and possess the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the substance abuse population, treatment planning and the field of human social services to work toward the rehabilitation of the patient community
- Aptitude for science backed decision making and use proper judgment with confidential and sensitive issues
- Background of dealing appropriately with patients and team members in stressful or other undesirable situations with an ability to seek direction from supervisors when necessary
- Efficient Self-starter with strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- High integrity and sound judgement; able to react quickly and make effective decisions
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and under pressure while handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate basic computer/word processing skills
GREAT People – Our staff has a passion to be the best, sharing a strong work ethic and dedication to providing the gold standard of patient care.
GREAT Support – We are committed to providing the training, information, and corporate support necessary to facilitate your success.
BHG is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Click Here To Apply