The Dental Receptionist/Dental Assistant performs duties such as: Attend to patients on the phone and in person. Co-ordinate and organize appointments and administration to facilitate the efficient operations of the dental office. May fill in as Dental Assistant as need.
MAIN JOB TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet patients.
- Answer and manage incoming calls.
- Verify insurance, patient demographics and update patient information.
- Assist patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation.
- Register new patients according to established office protocols.
- Maintain and manage patient records in compliance with privacy and security regulations.
- Respond and comply to requests for information.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Confirm upcoming appointment and call no-show patients to reschedule.
- Inform patients of financial treatment plan options.
- Collect co-pays and payments for treatment.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of dental office supplies.
- Safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Assists the dentist in the administration of treatment at the chair side as required or directed by the dentist.
- Promotes an atmosphere supportive of good dental and general health by demonstrating good oral hygiene, questioning patients to ascertain home care status, instructing patients in techniques of flossing and brushing in accordance with protocol.
- Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control procedures.
- Review the health history, make chart entries under the direction of the operator.
- Assume the responsibility associated with any expanded duties that may be delegated by the dentist.
- Familiar the patient with the aspects of their dental visit and provide support and compassion to patient when it is needed.
- Review daily schedule to set up appropriate trays and instruments.
- May perform the following procedures.
- Size stainless steel crowns, temporary crowns and bands.
- Placement of post-extraction and periodontal dressings.
- Coronal polishing.
- Promotes and believes in NHSI mission statement “Health for All.”
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion and economic status.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in spoken and written Spanish.
- Able to use sound judgment. Possess a calm disposition and the ability to work easily with people.
- Proficient at digital radiographs.
- Knowledge of dental terminology, procedures and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of computer and relevant software applications.
- Familiar with computer based dental recording and charting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- General Education degree or High School Diploma.
- Dental Assistant Certification.
- One-year experience as a dental assistant.
- Proof of completing radiation safety course.
Click Here To Apply