Works to perform in an accurate and efficient method, any task or duties assigned by immediate supervisor. Is knowledgeable in all functions in the department, (i.e. chart assembly, indexing, coding, statistical reports, filing, admissions, medical terminology, and transcription). Communicates with physicians and other hospital personnel concerning the Medical Records Department as necessary.
Commits to and supports the CCGH/CCEC mission and values.
Completes position responsibilities by following established guidelines and protocols within the appropriate time frame.
Demonstrates good skills in all forms of communication. Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
Organizational/Department Policies and Procedures
Adheres to established organizational and department guidelines and protocols.
- Records information identifying physician and patient type of accommodation desired, insurance coverage, date of admission.
- Interviews patient, relatives or the responsible individual to obtain identifying biographical information. Interprets hospital policies concerning visitors. May obtain signature from legally responsible patients or relatives. Notifies pertinent department of admission of patient.
- Enters data into a computer and prints admission form. Provides copies of the admission form and insurance information to appropriate personnel.
- Handles patients seeking outpatient services of the facility in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completes outpatient form with information obtained from the patient.
- Notifies the appropriate department of the need for outpatient service.
- Demonstrates the ability to assemble charts, checking for deficiencies following patient dismissal.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terms.
- Demonstrates the ability to contact insurance company to obtain pre-certification for services to be rendered.
- Completes daily admissions form by entering data into a computer, then distributes to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Enters data in to a computerized system for all admissions, emergency room visits, outpatient visits, and observations in a timely manner.
- Maintains a log of all emergency room, outpatient, inpatient, and observation visits. Demonstrates the ability to keep current.
- Demonstrates the ability to code outpatient, inpatient and emergency room procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle telephone communications concerning all areas of the department not directly related to the supervisor, in a professional manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs any other duty as assigned.
High School diploma or G.E.D required
Good Communication skills
Medical Terminology preferred
Click Here To Apply