Implements and manages the organization-wide Infection Control Program, in keeping with requirements of the CDC, CMS, CIHQ, and State of Nebraska. Manages all functions of the Employee Health Program.
Detailed Job Description:
- Implements infection prevention and employee health strategies and programs in accordance with recommendations and requirements of CDC, OSHA, CMS, CIHQ, and the State of Nebraska.
- Develops, implements, and continually monitors the infection control and employee health policies and procedures for all departments.
- Ensures compliance, maintains records, collects and monitors data; provides regular and ad hoc reports.
- Assists with workers compensation program, light duty/return to work programs. Ensures timely and accurate reporting.
- Participates in ongoing infection control education programs for employees. May educate patients as necessary.
- Implements a surveillance system for detecting and monitoring hospital acquired and community infections. Ensures compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Provides the Medical Staff and all hospital employees with updates on infection control policy changes.
- Investigates outbreaks or clusters of infections. Monitors, analyzes, and interprets bacteriology reports and infection statistics, recommends appropriate control measures to prevent dissemination of resistant microorganisms and pathogens.
- Consults with providers, managers, and staff for the management of infections and/or immuno-suppressed patients.
- Facilitates the Infection Control Committee. Participates as an active member of various other committees. Leads work groups and projects.
- Collaborates with local and state health departments in the prevention, control, and appropriate reporting of communicable diseases.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 2 years clinical experience in medical-surgical or critical care nursing required.
- Experience in Infection Control with basic knowledge of the principles of epidemiology, diseases, sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection practices preferred.
- Experience in employee health preferred.
- Current Nebraska RN license required
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in nursing or healthcare related field preferred
- ICP or related certification preferred.
Click Here To Apply