Position: Physical Therapist
Supervisor: Director of Rehabilitation
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Passing score on the National Physical Therapy Examination
- Current licensure as Physical Therapist in practicing state(s)
- Current certification/ registry, as required.
- Assume responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development to maintain current licensure and certification.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide physical therapy services to residents in accordance with established standards of practice, Company procedures, Therapy Department procedures and productivity standards.
- Adhere to Company procedures regarding documentation and billing of physical therapy services.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs.
- Conduct screening of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Conduct timely screening of residents referred to physical therapy to determine need for intervention/ treatment.
- Evaluate residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation.
- Conduct specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Develop treatment plans by establishing short and long-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Interpret and communicate evaluation findings, treatment plan and recommendations to residents, families/ responsible parties and interdisciplinary team members.
- Establish individual resident therapy schedules in cooperation with other team members.
- Implement and conduct treatment according to the established treatment plan.
- Monitor resident’s response to intervention and adapt treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with established plan of care and physician orders.
- Develop appropriate recommendations, strategies and/ or programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in their environment.
- Participate in resident, family/ responsible party and staff education by instructing on physical therapy procedures, strategies, recommendations and/ or program to enhance carry over outside of therapy sessions and in preparation for discontinuation of therapy services.
- Provide, recommend and fabricate adaptive devices or other equipment as needed. Train resident, family/ responsible party and staff on the use of all equipment and devices.
- Confer formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Supervise and direct Physical Therapist Assistants.
- Supervise Rehabilitation Aides, Physical Therapy Aides, students and volunteers as directed.
- Provide education to the rehabilitation department, facility staff and community as directed.
- Report to work on time and coordinate schedule to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assist with and participates in Quality Assurance Program as required.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, educational classes and meetings required or requested for position.
- Adhere to high standards of cleanliness, grooming, hygiene and dress code.
- Adhere to all policies of company, including job description, certification requirements, mission statement, HIPAA, confidentiality standards and resident rights.
- Maintain a current knowledge of law and regulations regarding rehabilitative services and consults with supervisor to ensure that all employment actions are in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensure a safe environment and utilizes tools and equipment in a safe manner complying with all infection control, universal precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Report all hazardous conditions including incidents, injuries and equipment to Supervisor/ appropriate personnel immediately.
- Responds to and acts appropriately in emergency or disaster situations.
- Adapt to changes in responsibilities in a positive manner, is receptive to new ways of completing tasks and is flexible in carrying out assignments.
- Communicate and interact professionally and effectively with residents and coworkers ensuring a cooperative environment while maintaining self-control.
- Communicate and interact professionally and respectfully with family members in attending to and meeting their requests.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and as required to effectively discharge the responsibilities of the position and are in the best interests of the organization.
- Must be able to constantly operate computer and other office productivity machinery (phone, printer, copier, etc.)
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk throughout facility and department, tolerate constant/ repetitive standing, traverse stairs, stoop, bend, squat, kneel and reach when performing daily work.
Click Here To Apply