The Pharmacy Technician of the refill clinic reports directly to the Pharmacy Technician Lead, is responsible to assist and process all incoming pharmacy referrals, refills, emails, chat messages and faxes related to prescription refill requests, in a team-based, high volume medical group setting. In addition, the Pharmacy Technician will also be responsible for processing prior authorization requests on both Medical and Pharmacy benefits. The Pharmacy Technician will assist in checking eligibility, coordinating pharmacy benefits, preventing any potential refill delay and follow-up for all requests, to assure they are completed in a timely manner. Essential Functions:
– Manage incoming requests from call center, provider and referral team for new medications and medication refills.
– Responsible for processing medication prior authorizations and script renewals for patient.
– Ensure scripts are filled in a timely manner by coordinating with the requesting provider, following up with the Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) as appropriate, and reaching out to the necessary Client as needed.
– Ensures the patient completed the necessary labs and diagnostic testing as required prior to dispensing certain medication.
– Responsible for understanding the clinical protocols for medication refills as established by the organization
– Ensure that the patient has attended any required provider visits and follows all authorized medication protocols.
– Understands the insurance and healthcare benefits, submits prior authorizations to the UM Client or to the PBM, and ensures that the required supporting documentation is submitted for review.
– Adheres to the implemented refill center workflow.
– Adapts easily to a high volume, fast pace medical group setting.
– Manage escalated patient care issues in collaboration with the member services, providers and Case Management teams as appropriate.
– Reports im,tely to the Pharmacy Technician Lead on adverse concerns or workflow issues related to quality of care or patient care oversights.
– Assist the quality team in any HEDIS or Quality Star measure initiatives and protocols as appropriate for medication adherence and refill measures.
– Other duties as assigned.
- Current National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB or CPhT)
- 3 years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Minimum 1-year experience working with Prior Authorizations
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply