Associate Social Worker/Clinician/Housing Coordinator/Mental Health/Long Beach
ASW/ACSW HOUSING COORDINATOR
Summary: The goal of this position is to assistant in providing a client-centered approach and provides excellent customer services that is sensitive to the challenges members might be experiencing with a range of medical and behavioral health issues face as they move into and maintain permanent supportive housing.
Under the general supervision of the Program Manager, assist members of project base programs in accessing services as needed on the bases on psychosocial rehabilitation model of treatment and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities_ this is not an exhaustive task list, and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or necessary by the supervisor or program director. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to any qualified person with a medical or psychiatric disability, providing it will not change the essential nature of the position, nor cause undue hardship to the Agency’s operations. MHALA is an equal employer opportunity and service provider. The Agency will consider individuals with a criminal history._
- Provide license dependent clinical services including but not limited to psychosocial assessments, diagnostic assessments, individual and group psychotherapy and individual recovery plans
- Provide rehabilitation interventions to assist individuals to gain, restore, improve or maintain quality of life such as, but not limited to conducting outreach and engagement, medication management, independent livings skills (money management, grooming and hygiene, meal preparation, public transportation), and/or employment/educational goals
- Responsible for conducting outreach and engagement and assess individuals for eligibility and enrollment into program services
- Provide crisis interventions including: assessing acute psychiatric and other emergency situations, initiating hospitalizations and responding appropriately by region (South Bay and Antelope Valley)
- Provide collateral supports which include contacting family members and/or significant other with the individual’s authorization to discuss how they can assist the person with their care/treatment goals
- Work collaboratively within the team to provide clinical guidance, such as identifying member needs as necessary and initiate communication within the integrated team to provide the resources to meet those needs
- Develop and update treatment plans that include clinical assessments and/or addendums for each member as well as identifying his/her personal recovery goals and needs
- Be an active part of the learning in this project by participating in other trainings (DMH trainings and other sources) that introduce different interventions that could be an effective strategy with this population
- Maintains all records and documentation, utilizing various technological resources needed for program compliance and accountability in accordance with MHALA standards and funding source requirements
- Active participation in regular team meetings with pro-active communication around member concerns
- Maintain billing and/or program objective requirements.
- Assist and support program documentation standards of staff in accordance with MHALA, County Contracted Provider, and funding source standards and requirements, and documents in required program, including 24-hour turnaround documentation
- Provides a welcoming environment for individuals enrolled into the housing programs; shares responsibility and collaborates with team members to set-up, maintain, monitor, correct and enhance all day-to-day aspects of the housing programs’ functioning
- Provide timely information and feedback to the Program Coordinator with regard to emergent staff, team or participant issues
- Participate in some meetings with community partners.
- Ensures that all services are culturally and linguistically respectful of and responsive to the individual’s needs based on their cultural identity
- Facilitate enrollments of individuals into the housing programs, and referrals to other programs
- Facilitate case management which includes assisting individuals with referrals and confirming attainment of the referrals to one or more of the following based on the person’s need/desire: community mental health service, primary health services, income assistance/benefits establishment, supported employment and education; provide transportation, medication support, crisis intervention, life skills training, substance abuse treatment and housing services
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy/ counseling which includes using short-term solution and trauma focused interventions to assist individuals to manage symptoms, understand problematic behaviors and to develop and use more adaptive behaviors
- Oversee and monitor members’ individual and group activities both inside the program and out in the community as well as transporting members when appropriate. Devise and implement strategies for outreach to members who tend to have a difficult engaging and/or building an ongoing relationship.
- Provide individual and group coaching, counseling mentoring instruction, training feedback and positive reinforcement for members in areas such as money management, grooming and hygiene, public transportation and other independent living skills
- Knowledge of federal, state and local housing subsidy programs and the sources available for them
- Masters degree in Social Work (MSW), Masters in Counseling (MA/MS) or LPCC required
- Registration with California Board of Behavioral Sciences as Associate Social Worker (ASW) or Associate Marriage Family Therapist (AMFT) required
- Minimum of one-year experience (including internship) providing services to individuals who have a mental illness and who are homeless preferred
- Experience working with target population
- Willingness to become LPS designated to write 5150 holds for members when needed
- Must have current class C driver’s license, a vehicle for transportation, proof of valid automobile insurance, the ability to be insured by MHALA liability insurance are conditions of employment
- Must have good basic English writing skills, good basic computer skills, be highly organized, and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task without losing productivity
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for a work atmosphere that is very busy and highly unstructured and for individuals who present for services with urgent multiple needs, issues, and problematic behavioral characteristics
- Must know or quickly become knowledgeable of characteristics of individuals who are substance abusing and/or dually diagnosed and have knowledge of local services available for dually diagnosed individuals.
- Flexible work schedule to include some nights, weekends and holidays
- TB clearance and re-testing every year are conditions of continued employment
- Must be able to maintain an empathetic view for the dilemma of individuals in severe need and be able to juggle creatively and successfully around a variety of barriers that keep individuals from successful personal and community living
- CPR Certified
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position and accommodations will be considered with proof of a legal exemption
Job Type: Full-time