GI Alliance is seeking an experienced Medical Assistant
This position may be involved in both the clinical and administrative areas including assisting physicians with patient care and handling clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinical services.
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; checking vital signs; performing screenings per provider guidelines; assisting providers as needed; charting; phone triage; medication administration; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information; prescription verifications with physician’s orders.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/X-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; patient check-in and check-out; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned including respecting/promoting patient rights; responding appropriately to emergency codes; sharing problems relating to patients and/or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), medical assistant diploma from an accredited vocational institution, or a college course in medical assisting.
Experience: Minimum one year of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office. Experience working in a Gastroenterology practice is preferred.
Spanish speaking preferred.
- Must be able to travel between the designated region
- Knowledge of health care field and EMR systems.
- Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately.
- Skill in written and verbal communications.
- Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care practices and procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR CONSIDERATION.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Click Here To Apply