Busy Pediatric office looking for a Medical Assistant. Main responsibilities include patients checkin, weigh, vitals, vaccine inventory maintenance and administration, breathing treatments, blood draws and other health screenings, patient checkout, communicate/coordinate with the clinical staff, appt scheduling, insurance/payment collections while providing great customer service.
- Customer Service – Excellent communication and Courteous with patients
- Patient Check-in – Obtains accurate patient and insurance information, Insurance validation, collecting copay, deductible and balance due amounts accurately.
- Prepares exam room with equipment and supplies according to visit type and adhering to Universal Health Precautions.
- Manages patient rooming to efficiently meet daily appointment schedules.
- Assists providers with exams, conducts pre and post-vial tests and/or procedures as required.
- Administer immunizations.
- Sanitizes medical supplies and properly disposes of used materials.
- Audits clinical supply levels and manages ordering and replacement accordingly.
- Manages provider-authorized medication refills
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA guidelines
- Defer any medical judgement to providers, then nursing staff (in this order)
- Patient Check-out – Collect appropriate patient responsibility payments as per office service codes, schedule follow-up appointments
- Answers phone calls in a timely manner and directs them appropriately
- Scanning documents into electronic medical records
- Other assigned duties
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Teamplayer, nice and helpful to patients and staff
- Ability to multi-task, Organizational and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills.
- Knowledge of clinic procedures.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Medical Assistant Training / Certification
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Six months of healthcare experience preferred
- Experience with any Practice Management software preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
All patients aged over 2yrs , parents and staff are required to wear a mask and temp checked inside the clinic. Patients are required to stay in their cars upon phone check in and enter thru separate doors for well visits and sick visits when called.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply