Psychiatric Occupational Therapy Assistant
UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Part-Time – Weekend Shift
Glen Burnie, Maryland
The Power of Caring
Within all of us there is untold power. An unstoppable strength. A desire to do more.
At University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center, we know that caring can’t be taught, it’s something that comes naturally.
We’re looking for talented professionals to join our extraordinary Security Team at UM BWMC — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Named Top Workplace in the USA for 2021!
As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland and features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another. As a Top 10 Maryland hospital ranked by U.S. News and World Report, UM BWMC is the pulse that keeps Anne Arundel County moving forward.
- Carry out occupational therapy treatment plans for inpatients/PHP and IOP patients as directed by the Occupational Therapist based on current principles and standards of practice, which may include assisting the Occupational Therapist in the performance of selected assessment procedures or the administration of standardized and non-standardized tests.
- Function as a multidisciplinary team member with other health care providers. Patients served include Adult-Geriatric.
As a member of our team, you’ll experience:
A supportive and collaborative work environment.
A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue annual leave; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
Growth & Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- AA degree in Occupational Therapy required.
- Possesses current Maryland State license, or is eligible.
- Previous experience in mental health setting is preferred.
- Previous experience using a business office suite, such as Microsoft Office, is required.
- Current BLS certification or obtained prior to providing direct patient care is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click Here To Apply