Position Title: Psychiatric APRN
Complete assessments, all mandated documentation associated with an assessment, DSM 5 diagnoses; formulate psychiatric/substance use treatment plans, progress notes within 24 hours of every patient encounter, evidenced based brief interventions and document all to meet Medical Necessity criteria. This Provider will take referrals from Caring Health Center (CHC) PCPs and work in partnership with the MAT doctor. Candidate will work half-time with MAT program and half-time with Behavioral Health patients to evaluate, diagnose and prescribe psychiatric medications.
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
- Licensed in the State of Massachusetts.
- Bi-lingual-Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Sound nursing knowledge for effective assessment of, diagnosis of, and treatment of psychiatric disorders.
- MAT experience or interest preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with Integrated Care Team.
- Compassion and respect for individuals with the disease of addiction
- Knowledgeable in treating addiction
- Familiarity with multicultural groups, ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Prior experience addressing the BH needs of patients with chronic medical conditions (e.g., diabetes, hypertension).
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect; regard for patient privacy is essential.
- Organizational skills a must.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience with an Electronic Health Record is preferable.
- Willing to work with an interpreter as needed
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Diagnose and, where appropriate, prescribe psychotropic medications for DSM 5 diagnoses.
- Collaborate with MAT trained M.D. providing follow up and supportive services to substance abuse patients
- Monitor responses to medication(s) and adjust dosage(s), change medications as needed, recognize adverse reactions respond appropriately.
- Integrates and coordinates counseling and other non-pharmacologic interventions with medication to optimize patient outcomes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the primary care team (including providers, pharmacist, medical assistants, therapists, Community Support Personnel, etc.) to improve health outcomes.
- Maintain professional, accurate and timely clinical documentation of patient encounters.
- Attend BH meetings weekly as well as other identified meetings for patient care.
- Attend supervision with Chief Medical Officer and BH Director as scheduled.
- Supervise NP, PA and medical students during rotations at CHC when appropriate.
- Serve as mentor, teacher, and consultant to MDs, NPs and PAs on diagnosing and prescribing for DSM 5 disorders.
- On occasion, present lectures to medical and other staff on topics related to mental health.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
- This position requires professional behavior and attitude at all times.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer workstation.
- This position requires cultural sensitivity.
- This position requires willingness to be flexible.
- This position may require speaking with clients through an interpreter.
- This position requires willingness to work in a Team environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply