At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 40hrs per week located at Lake Forest Hospital. Schedule is as follows: Monday through Friday, 7:30a-4p with a holiday rotation and position supports the CT department. Please note this is not a Radiology Tech role.**
The Diagnostic Imaging Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assists and interacts with patients of the radiology department.
- Responsible for verifying patient identity using two patient identifiers.
- Transports patients from in patient units and the emergency department to and from the department.
- Greets all patients, families and visitors in the radiology procedure area.
- Maintains communication between patients and the radiology department staff.
- Prepares patients for exams and escorts them to the proper exam room.
- Positions and immobilizes patient on examining table.
- Assists radiologists and technologists in acquiring quality exams.
- Assists with minor procedures; disconnects IV tubing used for contrast injection.
- Assists radiologist with interventional procedures.
- Assists with “wet readings” with the radiologist.
- Compiles all radiology exams and prepares for reading by the radiologist.
- Attends to the care of documents relating to the patient.
- Performs various related tasks to support the effective operations of the radiology department.
- Prepares exam rooms; stocks and cleans rooms after each exam.
- Stock supplies and linens.
- Maintains Diagnostic Imaging changing areas.
- Processes requests from medical staff and internal departments for radiology films.
- Ensures exams have been entered correctly and are tracked in the computer.
- Responsible for ensuring JCAHO & Safety standards are met.
- Responsible for following all recommended Infection Control procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 2 years specialized or technical training, or equivalent
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click Here To Apply