Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Translational Research – Prostate, located in Spring House, PA; South San Francisco, CA; Cambridge, MA; or San Diego, CA. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
Seeking a passionate and dedicated Translational Lead to join the Prostate Oncology Translational Research team at Janssen. This position will be responsible for driving forward early scientific research programs from Discovery and into the clinic with emphasis on clinical study start up and phase 1 dose escalation studies.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address significant unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Translational Research (TR) leader for prostate programs, the candidate will serve on Compound Development Teams (CDT) as the TR representative. The TR lead will work independently and in collaboration with a team of TR functional colleagues and CDT members to develop integrated translational and biomarker strategies including scientific and clinical rationales, timelines, resource modeling and financial planning. The individual will ensure common scientific standards for translational data generated in clinical studies or collaborations. The TR lead will also derive and apply the scientific and translational strategy to their assigned programs and share applicable findings across the Prostate DAS and other applicable disease areas. To this end, a successful candidate will guide meetings to review new translational proposals, provide updates on ongoing programs, and broader communications to leaders of TR, CDT, and senior management as applicable.
In addition, the candidate may lead disease related internal/external projects to further scientific understanding of prostate cancer. Overall, the candidate will participate in a highly collaborative and interactive environment to implement experimental approaches to support preclinical biology and clinical assets.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the translational strategy and implementation for one or more pipeline assets including the planning and execution of discovery and validation of predictive, prognostic, safety, PD, and disease biomarkers
- Collaborate with a variety of teams within and outside of TR including Operations, Project Management, Companion Diagnostics, and Technical Laboratories to support analysis of clinical samples
- Scientific partner with CROs and external academic research groups. Drive scientific collaborations and projects with external key opinion leaders in the field
- Lead Translational Research Working Groups to share findings as well as regular reporting of biomarker data to the CDT and Oncology senior management
- Be responsible for the biomarker sections of internal and regulatory documentation for an asset including New Molecular Entities, Clinical Protocols, Investigator Brochures, Compound Development Plans, and Clinical Study Reports
- Deliver objectives in a timely manner to support program goals
- Complete all work in a manner following proper company and industry compliance standards
- Partake in driving of program-, TR-specific, and DAS-wide preclinical research objectives
- Ph.D. in Oncology, Immunology, Cell Biology, or related field with at least a 2-year post-doc or equivalent research experience OR a Bachelors/Masters with at least 10 years of industry experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research experience is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate translational and/or clinical development experiences to support clinical assets/trials is required.
- Research background in prostate cancer, immunology, or experiences in drug discovery are a plus
- Strong publication record demonstrating prior relevant experiences is preferred.
- Position requires ability to work independently and as part of a larger team, particularly matrixed organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills is required.
- This position can be located Spring House, PA; South San Francisco, CA; Cambridge, MA; or San Diego, CA and will require up to 10% travel domestic/internationally. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Cambridge, North America-United States, North America-United States-California-South San Francisco, North America-United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)
Click Here To Apply